“Good food (great Thai tea) but watch the waiter”
Review of Aroy Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Aroy Thai Cuisine
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Manhattan, Kansas
“Good food (great Thai tea) but watch the waiter”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The food's very good to great, depending on what you order, and my wife and I love the Thai tea, but the wait staff needs to be watched. Make sure your bill is correct!

Manhattan, Kansas
“AMAZING STAFF”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Having tried all thai options in the local area I have to admit this is not my favorite. They had the most amazing servers I have ever had...but the food took FOREVER and it was really pricey compared any other thai restaurant I have ever been to (in KS and in other states too)
And though the food was okay...I won't go back since there is a much better option less than 5 miles away that will serve better food, cheaper, and quicker!

• Visited February 2013
“Awesome food!!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I have been to the other Thai resturant in town and this is so much better. It can be a little hard to find but worth it. You get a huge selection to pick from and they are very willing to make your selection vegatarian and or vegan. The decor is a little out dated but the staff is so friendly and make you feel right at home.

Junction City, Kansas
“Glad I followed my hunch!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Location is a tad obscure. I had spotted it before, but always passed it up in favor of something else. One August day, I decided it was time to give them a try. I was not disappointed. Food was delicious, fresh, delightful and service was great! I think we met the owner. She was very hospitable and kind. If you like Thai food, and are looking for "the good stuff," stop in. You will not be disappointed!

Visited August 2012
Junction City, Kansas
“BETTER THAN BAAN THAI”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

As an overall Thai Food Experience, Baan Thai is not as good as the one I am reviewing here: Aroy Thai.

FOOD: 4/5
I've been here several times for both lunch and dinner and I never fail to find something different on the menu that satisfies me. My personal favorite is the Yellow Curry which definitely has a hot kick to it, but not so much that you're breathing fire. My wife claims that the Crab Rangoon is the best she's had and the soups are good, too, even if they are as simple as Spinach soup.

SERVICE: 4/5
The food has always come out in a timely manner and the waiter/waitresses usually make a point of making sure your glass is full--very important when you're eating hot and spicy food! Also, depending on what you order, they'll ask you how spicy you want it--most people get "medium" but there are at least two more heat levels above that.

ATMOSPHERE: 4/5
It's not the fanciest Thai restaurant I've been to, nor the classiest, but the atmosphere is much better than Baan Thai if you're looking for a romantic meal or just a little chit-chat. The music in the background is often very soft and unobtrusive.

VALUE: 4/5
Two people can eat a good-tasting meal here for under $30, sometimes including a generous tip. The lunch menu is particularly pocket-book friendly as you get a soup and a piece of crab rangoon in addition to your entree. Even the dinner prices are reasonable when you consider that the bigger portions allow for take-home leftovers.

OVERALL: 4/5
I've been to Thai restaurants in the US, Germany and New Zealand--Aroy Thai is definitely one of the better ones out there!

• Visited September 2012