“Over Priced ! Over Priced!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus

Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Buckner, Missouri
“Over Priced ! Over Priced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

$150 is way to much to pay for this place. This place was built in the late 60"s I would guess and it looks like they painted added a new flat screen and hung a couple of mirrors in the room that's it ! We noticed a strong smell of hydraulic fluid when we got on the elevator. I'm guessing there is most likely a lake of it sitting on top of the elevator car. The place SCREAMS cheap make over. I'm going back to the Hampton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank scott c
meritmckee, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and felt we were over priced. We aim to price out rooms at a level acceptable to our guests and the property. I will take your comments into account in reviewing rates.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is what I would class as 2 star. There is no breakfast with the room, The rooms are small, dark, and not too clean. Stayed two nights and for the price I paid, should have definitely stayed somewhere else. It is handy to the campus, and the restaurant next door is Houlihans and has great food but sadly not included in price of room. Definitely do not recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not advise staying here!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Oneta A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Oneta A,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

I look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I should have heeded the warning that the bathrooms are tiny! When you travel with a toddler, there needs to be room for two in the bathroom, and this is a tight fit. Plus the sinks were the bowl style, so lifting him up to brush teeth or wash hands was a struggle. The property was in good shape, room was quit enough, and staff was nice. But as long as we are traveling with a little kid, we won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth201495
meridith M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had an overall enjoyable stay. We would love to have you again. If you are in the area and consider staying with the kids again, give us a call. We would be happy to try to accommodate the kids with step stool to help reach sinks and maybe even a larger bathroom if available. We would love to have you again! Safe travels.
West Point, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had an area summer meeting there all of the staff were polite and very helpful meeting room was very accommodating for our group, the food was good. Rooms were very well cleaned, I would stay there again.

Rick Doescher
West Point, Nebraska

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Rick D
We always love having your group stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Montrose, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our stay at this hotel was fantastic. It was the nicest Holiday Inn I have stayed in. The room was huge and vey clean. The bathroom was spa like. The front desk welcomed our dog and was very friendly and welcoming. We had been traveling all day and it was nice to be able to come in to a clean, friendly hotel. We also had room service from the restaurant in the hotel and it was delicious. The service was fast and honored the coupon from the hotel. I have been in hotels that I have paid double what I paid for this room and not been as impressed. A definite must stay if you are in Manhattan Kansas!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elizabeth M
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can not express our appreciation for your amazing review enough. We appreciate you and your business. Please come back and stay with us soon. Safe travels.
Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The location is excellent, being right next to the university border. In view of that, the room price was acceptable. My room was very clean, spacious, and with all the basic necessities. The mattress was very comfortable. Their airport shuttle is helpful. There is one restaurant at the hotel, Houlihans. I tried it for breakfast, and it was reasonable in quality and price by US standards. Other nearby dining places are in Aggieville, a walking distance of about 10 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ami123
We thank you for the kind review and look forward to having you as our guest again soon! Safe travels.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Who knew a hotel could have such wonderful food! I was a guest within a meeting and all of our hotel catered food was wonderful. I've been to many hotel meetings, seminars, and conferences all over the US and this food was true cuisine! I wish I had an event I needed to plan just so I could use whoever their caterer is.
Thanks for a surprise! Hotel Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Gave the extra mile even though I wasn't an overnight guest. Maybe one day I will be.
Stay here! I know I will if I get the opportunity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank AJ B
meridith M, Manager at Holiday Inn Manhattan at The Campus, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I am honored to have you leave such a great review. We are proud of our sales and banquet teams here. I look forward to sharing your comments with them. I hope that some day you will have a reason to plan an event with us. We would love to cater to you and no doubt the staff would help make it as huge a success as the event you attended.