“Emergency Visit - Made easier.”

Hampton Inn Manhattan
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Thanks to the staff of Hampton Inn in Manhattan KS. I had a wonderful stay and a retreat during my stay in Manhattan Ks. I was there for a family emergency and during horrible weather in my hub city. The hotel was clean, the staff great, the pool and hot tub very nice. The breakfast GREAT!! Good value, good location. I would stay here again and recommend it to anybody that needed to go to Manhattan KS. Thanks again for a great stay.

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying on the bottom floor as it is noisy. We had a second floor room that w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My family recently met at this hotel to celebrate Christmas and December birthdays. I was expecting the old Hampton Inn type decor that I had experienced in the 80s and 90s. This place was gorgeous! The renovations they have completed in the last few years are remarkable. Their lobby/lounge/breakfast area is contemporary, comfortable and stylish. The rooms were gorgeous. I would rank this location above some of the Hyatts and Marriotts I have stayed at recently. Their saltwater pool was also great and uncrowded. It was nice to swim with my son without experiencing the chlorine burn. Staff was very attentive and accommodating, and they were gracious about allowing us to take over the lobby/lounge area for our gathering. Breakfast was typical grab and go fare, but was good for all of us! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KrisTravelsOften
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The room was clean and well appointed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toje
Reviewed 19 September 2011

About average (maybe a smidgen below average) as Hampton Inns go. Generally clean, rooms are decent, service acceptable. Breakfast was predictably underwhelming, especially the folded egg & cheese whatchimacallit and the cold sausage. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Thinker_to_go
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The Hotel was absolutely OK and the Service and friendly staff at the reseption is really worth to be mentioned. Easy to reach and the rooms are renovated and clean.
I would stay there again.
The breakfast is typically and nothing special at all, the service there by the way makes this special as very open and freindly to all! guests at this hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mikkelmann
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were here in August 2011 and construction was in progress. And I must agree that this place needs an upgrade. There were stains on our room carpeting and the room just looked and smelled old. We went to the pool but there was so much chlorine in the water we just couldn't stay. And the air conditioning in the pool area wasn't working either. This was the fourth Hampton we had stayed in on our trip and it was our most disappointing. My own experience says that it is much more difficult to keep an older facility clean also.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Drowninginyears
manhattankshampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Our renovations are now complete! We are very excited about our newley remodeled lobby and guest rooms. Please take a look at the pictures we have posted on our website.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

My family and I spent 4 consecutive nights in this hotel. We should have checked out early and found another Hotel. I have stayed in many hotels including Hampton Inns and have never complained. I stayed in a Hampton Inn the previous night in Columbia and had a great expierence. The staff at this Manhattan hotel were unfriendly and unprofessional (excluding one houskeeper). The lobby was under construction and the tempory desk was left unattended more often than not we had to wait or go looking for assistance . The cleanliness of this hotel was very poor. We requested a handicap bathroom and was given a room where the door got hung up on the carpet and would only open aprox 24 inches, while trying to walk around the door my 80 yr old mother got a very serious skin tear (from a door latch that was sticking out to far) on her arm requiring medical attention that is still being treated almost 2 weeks later. We reported this to the management she did not even approach us but raised her voice from across the desk and stated "I know exactly what you are talking about we had the problem with another door" she sent maintence up(in a timely manner). The maintence man removed the door left the room, later we passed him sawing and sanding off the door at the entrance that same door was later rehung. He also filed down the door latch (the metal shavings were left on the floor) that was unsafely sticking out aprox 1/2 inch it did not fix the problem.The door opened after the repair but the latch still stuck out and was sharp. NOTE the door latch plates all over the building were all ill fitted, sticking with sharp edgest. My mother actually the last did a similar thing with a downstairs door. The housekeeper was the only one who aplogized for the injury and asked if my mother was ok after cleaning up the bloody towells. The mananger never once talked to us after we requested someone fix the door, never asked or checked to see if repairs were completed, never inquired about my mothers injury to my knowledge never did an incident report. I was prepared to discuss my frustration with her on checkout.The manager checked us out at a temporary cash register outside the cafeteria. She never asked how was our stay was. During the checkout a disgruntled employee approached her and statrted complaining about another employee. The manager let her complain did nothing to stop her rant. I would like to add their was another customer who shared the pool and hot tub who was also dissatisfied with her stay due to a broken hot tub nob and the unprofessionailism of the staff. I cannot see this hotel staying in buisness if they continue in this fashion.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family