“Nice hotel and a good breakfast to start your day”

Fairfield Inn Manhattan
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Meade, Kansas
“Nice hotel and a good breakfast to start your day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We just spent five nights in the Fairfield Hotel in Manhattan Kansas. Very nice hotel, friendly staff and we enjoyed the well prepared breakfast each morning. We had a family reunion so had reserved several rooms that worked out just great. Hotel is close to the new Discovery Center that opened recently and the mall is close by. Several restaurants close by also. Kansas State Football to start soon so this would be a good place to stay. We enjoyed donuts at the Varsity Donut shop in Aggieville, they serve many kinds of unique donuts. Fun atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Kansascem,
We hope that you got a chance to check out the Discovery Center after breakfast during your stay. It is one of the best attractions in the state. We welcome you to come stay with us again!

Gregg Joyal, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff here were friendly and welcoming. Nice clean room with fine linen. Fine wireless Internet access. The breakfast included plenty of fruit, and a waffle maker. Location was very close to shopping center with chain restaurants avaiable. Very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank timidtravelerUs
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! We greatly appreciate it! We can't wait to hopefully see you back again.
Galveston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Jan 31-Feb 2, in a queen double bed room. I was impressed with the navy blue/ lime green / white decor. It gave the room, as well as the hallways, a clean, fresh look. My room was a nice size. The bathroom was also a decent size, and the towels were soft. The TV was a flat screen (maybe a 40 inch) and you actually get some decent cable channels. The room had all the amenities I needed, including hair dryer, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. And the breakfast was simple but good. You have a choice of breakfast sandwiches you can heat up in the microwave, or hot waffles, plus all the typical food items you see at a continental breakfast. And I was able to walk to Applebee's for dinner one night because it's close to restaurants and the town center/downtown area. I didnt get to use the fitness center while I was there, but they do have one. It was an enjoyable and peaceful stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed here for two nights for a family wedding weekend. Check-in was some of the fastest I've ever seen. Great location and very clean. We originally had reservations at the Clarion in town, but changed to here because more family was staying here. Sure glad we did as after a visit to the Clarion, this was much newer and in a much better location.

The rooms here have been renovated recently (per the signage) with very bright color accents of orange and green. I didn't think I would like the decor at first, but it really grew on me. We had a king bed with a loveseat and table and I loved the setup of this room. We ate the free breakfast on both mornings and I enjoyed the Jimmy Dean egg and bacon biscuits. Front desk and housekeeping staff were all very friendly.

Great location with easy access to the highway and right across the street from the mall. Also close to Downtown Manhattan and lots of other new retail (Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Dick's Sporting Goods). About a 10-minute drive from the Kansas State campus.

I'm a new fan of Marriott's Fairfield brand, especially if many of the locations are as nice as this one!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JKlassic
Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot was what I was and storms threatening when I pulled into the Fairfield in Manhatten KS. I was on the final leg of a 30 day cross country motorcycle ride from Las Vegas to Rutland, Vermont and back, just for the opportunity to ride with about 60 friends in Vermont for six days! There was significant construction behind the Fairfield (a new property going in) however it did not affect my stay except for closed streets!

The Fairfiled was superior to others I have stayed in recently, very much an upgrade. Room was exceptionaly clean and quite comfortable. Wireless internet worked well and the indoor pool was clean too!

The morning breakfast was good, although not a "hot, full breakfast" like some other non-Marriott properties, it was sufficent and did offer boiled eggs and as I recall, waffels that you make yourself.

The outstanding part (to me) of any stay at a Marriott property is the excellent people that work there. The Fairfield has the same great folks that are very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to be sure your stay is excellent!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here for after a KState football game (go Wildcats!). This is the third time I've stayed at this property in the past year, and probably my last...Tried to check in early (3pm) but no rooms available, which I understand when its so busy, however decided to stick around and wait before heading to the stadium and when I noticed others we able to check-in to a similar room type, I inquired and was then able to check in. Not sure of that process?? Anyway, room itself was standard, seemed cozy but crumbs on the floor and dirty counters, hair on the bathroom floor. Shower wouldn't drain and afterwards realized it was because it was FULL of hair, a ton of hair. Clearly it had been collecting there for a long, long time, gross. Our room was near the elevator and everytime it ran, it was crazy loud and made the floor vibrate, felt like the place was gonna fall apart. Didn't participate in the breakfast, but seemed average. Check out went smoothly. That night when I returned home I realized I had accidentally left my bathroom organizer behind. Called to confirm that it was still there and the front desk gal confirmed quickly that it was. I was a little irritated however, that noone had called to let me know it was left behind. I had this happen once before years ago, and the hotel was good to call me and let me know that I had left something behind. Anyway, the staff is nice but the cleanliness is a real issue.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank simkomd
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear that your stay did not reflect the level of cleanliness that we pride ourselves on. I have addressed the issue with my Executive Housekeeper and the Staff that cleaned your room. I will guarentee that this will not be an issue again. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel as I would love to try and make this right for you.
We appreciate you being a Marriott Rewards Member and hope that you will give us another chance.

Gregg Joyal, General Manager
785.539.2400
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I picked this hotel because it's a short walk from Harry's, an awesome restaurant (see separate review). But the hotel turned out to be a really pleasant oasis, very nice staff, trees around the property. They were doing some renovation on the hotel, and also on the surrounding city streets, when I was there, but it really wasn't a problem. They have continental breakfast which I honestly don't remember now - I think it was average.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. We are going to be finishing up our renovation here at the property hopefully Mid December. This will include New Furniture in the Lobby and the Breakfast room as well as new tile and carpet throughout the public areas. We can't wait to have you back with us!!

Gregg Joyal, General Manager