“Okay Stay”

Fairfield Inn Manhattan
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manhattan
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The gal working at the breakfast counter was a hard worker and was very friendly. Seemed like a great employee. The hot tub, pool and work out room were very clean.

Something we did not like was the carpet and decor of the room. The carpet was an awful lime green, which seemed very dated. Reminded me of that 70's lime green shag carpet. The rest of the decor was pretty tacky. They need to fire their decorator. That would be one improvement that could be made.

The only other thing I did not like was that they ran the charge through on my credit card for the full balance for the room on the day I made the reservation, about a month in advance of the stay. I had always heard that it was illegal to do that. The room was guaranteed, but I thought they could still could not run it until the service/room was provided. I booked the room through Hotel.com and it may have been them that actually did this as I wrote a follow up review through them and they did not post the review. Many people won't care for this billing practice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Blue S
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Blue,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott- Manhattan. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the rooms were comfortable.

I would like to take the oportunity to let you know that I will pass on your comments to Marriott International about the decor of the Fairfield Inn brand. I would also like to apologize about your experience while booking through Hotels.com. Unfortunatly, we can not control when they charge your credit card as they are a third party booking agent.

I would like to invite you back and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We stayed here for our annual trip to Buttons N Bows where I am a vendor. We haven't stayed here since their remodel and it is very nice. Since we had to be at the show by 6 (for setup), we unfortunately didn't get to have the continental breakfast. The rooms were very nice, (we stayed in 314). The only complaint I would have was the air conditioner/fan. Every time the air kicked on, it made a noise that woke me up, so I ended up just turning it to fan to have the "white noise" in the room. Unusual to use the air in November but it happened to be in the upper 70's during the day so the room was stuffy. Didn't also realize that I could hear the trains when they blew their whistles at night, so I'll have to remember to bring ear plug next time. The hot tub was just right, I happened to be the only one down there at the time and it was nice.

Over all, they've done a good job on the remodel and it's nice to be only a few blocks away from where we need to go the next morning.

Cost wasn't too bad, but glad it wasn't a home game weekend, every hotel in town seems to up their prices quite a bid when they have a home game.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the North side, might not hear trains tooting their horns as much
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cricket6886
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

germ539-

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while at the Fairfield Inn-Manhattan, and that you enjoyed the new decor package. Let us know next time you are coming into town as we would love to have you back. We apologize about the trains, they can be a little bothersome if the wind is in the right direction.

We hope to see you soon. In the meantime, Safe Travels!!!

-Gregg Joyal, General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I chose the Fairfield because of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, and I'd like to add my voice to those who rate it highly. The room was very clean, and the hotel was quiet. I always appreciate a microwave and refrigerator in a standard room, too. I didn't eat the breakfast, except to grab a banana and apple juice on the way to an appointment, so I can't comment on that. But the staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, the location was great, and I will stay there the next time my work takes me to Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nashvillewriter
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Nashvillewriter-
Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything between now and then.

Thanks again and Safe Travels,
Gregg Joyal

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My daughter and I were in town for a swim meet and requested a late check-out so she could shower and wash her hair following her events. At the last minute, she was added to a relay and we weren't going to make it back to the hotel before our late check-out time. I called the hotel and they were very accomodating extending our check-out time another hour. Excellent customer service!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shaneandjenn
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Snaheandjenn-

Thank you for the great comments about our staff and their customer service. We enjoyed having all the swimmers here. We hope that your daughter went home with some awards or medals! We will hopefully see you again soon. Until then, safe travels and happy swimming!!!

-Gregg Joyal, GM

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Overall the hotel was fine. Location was very nice due to the fact that my appointment the next day was on K-State Campus. This location was very nice. The hotel was pretty quiet and I had a good nights rest. The only complaint is the price. I paid $140 a night on a Thursday. That seems somewhat expensive for a weekday. If I didnt have a discount coupon I probably would have found a little cheaper hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

ssheilmn-
I am glad to hear that you had a good night stay here with us at the Fairfield Inn- Manhattan. We always love having people stay with us that are visiting the Kansas State University Campus. I do apologize that you feel the rate was too high. If you would like to talk a little more about our rates please feel free to contact me at gregg.joyal@marriott.com or 785.539.2400. We hope that you will come back and say with us again.

Have a wonderful night and safe travels.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very nice room, with 37 in tv, clean bathroom, and nice desk. The bed is kind of firm and not a foam mattress. The breakfast is ok. No scrambled eggs and bacon. But lots of yogurt, english muffins, juice, etc to get your day started. Nice pool and whirlpool. This is the 2nd best hotel in Manhattan. The best is the Comfort Inn. Their rooms are immaculate with incredible beds. If you can get one there, go for it. Otherwise, get one here. Location is nice for both hotels. The one to stay away from is the Clarion.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

KTM1234,

Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. Just to let you know, we are moving to a hot breakfast sometime in 2013. We are really excited to be able to offer this to our guests. We invite you to come back and stay with us any time!

Thanks,

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I took my Mother on a short trip (2 nights) to visit family we hadn't seen for a time. We found Fairfield to be the cleanest and quietest place we had stayed. The bathroom, bedroom area were clean and the mattresses were very comfortable. I would recommend this as a place to stay to anyone. The furnishings also were very upbeat and modern. All staff were friendly and very helpful. Very well worth the money. Mom had a lovely time and was well rested for the big time family visit. Great location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
gjoyal, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Lisa H,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope that you come to see your family more often because we would LOVE to see you again. Please let us know if we can help you plan your next trip to the Little Apple!

Thanks,