“Never again”

Penny's Diner
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family and I just had the unfortunate experience of being here. The food was decent. The service was lackluster. The server acted as if he had better things to do than be at work. I get that it isn't a fancy suit and tie place but at least give the appearance that you take some pride in your job by combing your hair. The floors and tables were filthy. Then comes the icing on the gross out cake, I take my 3 yr old to the restroom. Before she could even get close to the toilet I had to wipe it down twice with antibacterial soap. I even still put down paper towel to keep from coming in contact with the nastiness. I brought it to the attention of the server and got "we'll get to it." I am not only furious at the state of the place but even more so with the response and lack of care of the staff. I would rather drive out of my way to have a meal than to eat here again.

There are newer reviews for Penny's Diner

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I just left this diner and I will never go back. first the pepsi was flat. then I get my cheeseburger it was raw. but the waitress never came back so I could not tell her and had to choke.down myfried.cause she didnt come back to even see if I needed a drink. finally when I went up to get my check she had no customer service by asking if everything was ok. you could tell that she was not happy at all. then went on to say how mad she was she had to work til 2 am. so if you want poor customer service, flat pepsi and raw hamburger I would not there.

GM_OTI, General Manager at Penny's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Customer,
I sincerely apologize that we did not meet the minimum standards that we strive for. We strive to produce a fun relaxing atmosphere with good food and good service. We obviously missed that during your recent visit. Again, we apologize. We can assure you that the issues you noted will be taken up with our staff and management team. We will aim to correct this. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Ate here every day while in Marysville. Fast service, ample portions, good food. Always found a seat. I really enjoyed their green chili breakfast burrito with crispy bacon.

1  Thank Roadrunnergo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We visited this place just recently and we loved it! We visited as a family and the kids loved it. The service was super friendly and talked to us while we waited. It took a little while but we are a big family and as soon as a plate of food was done it was served. I would come back to this place!!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I recently stopped in at this diner. the service was great and the food was great for the price that I paid. It is like a small mom and pop diner that I'm use to eating at while I am traveling. If I am ever back this way I will most certainly stop and eat there again. Keep up the great work!!!