“Nothing special about it”

Oak Tree Inn Marysville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed 26 April 2013

There's nothing special about Oak Tree Inn has little landscaping. The parking lot is dark at night but parking is good. The rooms are very simple. There wasn't any tissue in the room and the towels are a little worn. Beds are average but cozy. Television and wifi is great there. Cell phone reception can be a little shotty but there's not much there in town. The outside doors do not lock. If your looking for a place to eat go to hardee's its close and better than penny's Diner.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GM_OTI, Manager at Oak Tree Inn Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Guest,
We apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We will address the items you have noted and do our best to improve our guests experience. We want to provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment. We appreciate your review and will do our best to improve.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was told this place is called the railroad motel on account of all the railroad workers that stay.
bare bones hotel that could use a good bucket of soap and hot water. Penny's Diner is cute but a joke if your looking for good food. meal vouchers came with the room but were dated for the night I checked in 10 PM, not much good for me. I ordered grits, they were both hot and crunchy!. Left and went to Hardee's down the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DavisonMark
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at the Oak Tree Inn for a brief stay in Marysville, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was--particularly for its affordable price.

My room was ready to go when I checked in at 4:00 PM. There was plenty of parking and no stairs, so lugging bags back and forth was a cinch. I also liked that each building requires a room-key for access, adding an extra layer of security to my stay.

My room was very clean and had a powerful A/C unit that kept it as cold as I could want it during the hot and muggy summer. It also had a flat-screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, and a "micro-fridge" that was about twice the size of the mini-fridge I was expecting. I'm a clean-freak and a slight germophobe, but I have nothing but good things to report about the cleanliness of my room or any of the facilities at the Oak Tree Inn. The room was also quiet and had blackout curtains, which I especially appreciated, as I am a light-sensitive insomniac.

My only complaint is about the bed. I prefer a firm bed, but this one was so firm that I could feel the springs on my back when I lay down. The comforter could also have been a little more comfortable. Nevertheless, it suited my purposes for my time there and was worth the room-rate. (It is not the Ritz-Carlton, after all.)

Penny's Diner, the little 24-hour on-site restaurant, has good and affordable food, and the fact that I could walk to it from my room was a welcome convenience after a long day in the car.

The free (and relatively fast) WiFi was also a nice perk, and I always got a clear signal, even in the parking lot.

Overall, the Oak Tree Inn is worth its affordable cost, and it's a nice place to call home for a night or two. I will stay there again if I return to Marysville.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jared B
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We had to go up to Marysville for a family celebration. Because the route up, the town and the area has a lot of history surrounding it. Plus I am a Photographer, we were on a time limit going up so we wanted to be able to take our time coming back so that we could see things (also so I could get photos). Because of this and the time the celebration was over we stayed over night.
The check in was good however, there was a problem with the reservation which I made thru Expedia..the hotel confirmed it with site but it was not listed when we got there. Luckily, I took a copy of the confirmation & there was a room available. Because of the mix up, the clerk offered to give us the room for lower price of the single room. (saying she would contact the site to credit my card the additional that I was charged when I made my reservation...which I have not seen yet).
The rooms were large and nice compared to other hotels we have stayed at in past. When it said that Room included 'Free Breakfast' we expected a Breakfast bar...but instead we got coupon that listed 3 'Paid for' choices from diner out front.

Also this is a 100% Smoke free hotel (which was great since we hate smelling stale cigarette ordor). If it is determined that your room was smoked in there is a $100 fine. So if you smoke then either don't go here or make sure to do so outside.

I did have a couple of slight problems that I encountered besides the problem with reservation.

1) I have bad knees which makes climbing stairs difficult. There were stairs from parking lot to door of the building we were in. Would be easier if there was a ramp there also.

2) I also am a short person so had a fun time getting in and out of bed which was higher then most beds. I did mentioned to the clerk @ check out to have small step under bed that those with same issue could be able to get in to bed.

Room Tip: If you make a reservation through a site, even if they show a confirmation from hotel, call before h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misty S
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The price and convenient classic diner were fantastic, and the room was good, comparible to Super 8, but the springs in the mattress kept poking me and gave me a soar back. The Pony Express museum in Marysville is great. Excellent fitness center, but no pool.

Room Tip: We opted for the $59 room and maybe the $69 rooms had better beds.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
GM_OTI, General Manager at Oak Tree Inn Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you for your reivew. We apologize for your experience with the mattress. We will look into this room and mattress condition. We are glad you enjoyed the museum in Marysville. We hope to see you as a guest again at our facility. Thank you for your busiess.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

During our stay at the Oak Tree Inn we were placed in the portion of the hotel. In the room we assigned in the old building we encountered someone’s dried snot on the headboard and worn, stained sheets. Therefore, we requested a different room. The new room’s linens were thin and had holes in places. The room was not clean (hairballs in corner). Everything looked run-down and worn but mostly functional (lock on bathroom door broken, hole in shower curtain, etc.). The staff was not overly friendly. I would say that the best part of the hotel was the full breakfast at Penny’s diner.

Room Tip: Request a room in the new building.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Duane Z
GM_OTI, Manager at Oak Tree Inn Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

We sincerely apolgize for your recent experience. We will address the issues you noted and we will work hard to make improvements where needed. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Like the title says the room was nice and clean and fresh smelling. The staff at this motel did their job well but that was it. Robots would be a good replacement for the ones we had to deal with. Penny's diner out front is a quaint little restaurant with average food and prices.We travel through this area about three times a year so we will stay here again. Our little dog slept well also.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family