“Great Place!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marysville
Florence, CO
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here to attend a family reunion with three of my cousins in July. We rented three rooms and were all very pleased at the clean, spacious rooms and polite, accommodating staff. We enjoyed hanging out on the motel porch and at the gazebo. A pool would have made the stay even better! Proximity to a quaint diner was a bonus. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 April 2014

started with very friendly front desk receptionist. rooms were clean and it was quiet. Beds were comfortable and showers worked great. One thing that steered us to this hotel was the free breakfast. Penny 's diner is owned by the same people that own oak tree inn. There was two options on the cards. My wife chose one of the specials that comes with tea or water. I chose the $7.50 menu price deal. I went with only $5.00 of food so I could have an orange juice also. When we handed the coupons to pay for our breakfast we were surprised. They manipulated the coupons to not cover our orange juice and said we owed $2.14. Its not the money, but just the whole deception thing that really bothered me. She said, I'm so sorry, I know that is not how it reads, but that's how it is.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bryan M
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We spent 1 night at this motel and it was fine. The receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. The room was quite clean and comfortable, very quiet despite most of the rooms being occupied. It's definitely not a luxury place, but for the money, it was a good value. The shower worked well and the bed had a pillow top, which was nice. Breakfast vouchers at Penny's Diner were included, which was an awesome breakfast compared to the garbage that most hotels offer their guests for breakfast - eggs, hash browns, meat, toast and coffee. That was a real plus! We'd stay here again if we return to this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I travel a lot for business and pleasure and stay all over the country. I would have rated this place average for the price and there is nothing wrong with average. However I turned down the bed spread it is was filthy. I don't know if it was ever washed but it was disgusting. I removed it from the bed. At the time I did not think about how that nasty bedspread rested on the sheets that I did use.

The shower had a slow drain so the tub filled up with water. When I started to step into the tub there was a wad of hair floating.

The rest of the room was average. The towels and wash cloths were worn but at the price paid it was no big deal. The staff was OK.

The motel is over a mile from downtown and I noticed an Oak Tree Inn van coming and going. I called an asked if they took people downtown to dinner. They said "no" only to Walmart and the depot. If you take people to those places why not downtown as well? It would help everyone's business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
GM_OTI, General Manager at Oak Tree Inn Marysville, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I am extremely sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. We are addressing the issues you have mentioned and will do our best to ensure they do not happen again. Our goal is to provide a positive experince to every guest, every time. We appreciate your feedback so we can work on the items that prevent a positive experience from happening.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Olathe
Reviewed 26 April 2013

There's nothing special about Oak Tree Inn has little landscaping. The parking lot is dark at night but parking is good. The rooms are very simple. There wasn't any tissue in the room and the towels are a little worn. Beds are average but cozy. Television and wifi is great there. Cell phone reception can be a little shotty but there's not much there in town. The outside doors do not lock. If your looking for a place to eat go to hardee's its close and better than penny's Diner.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
GM_OTI, Manager at Oak Tree Inn Marysville, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Guest,
We apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We will address the items you have noted and do our best to improve our guests experience. We want to provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment. We appreciate your review and will do our best to improve.
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was told this place is called the railroad motel on account of all the railroad workers that stay.
bare bones hotel that could use a good bucket of soap and hot water. Penny's Diner is cute but a joke if your looking for good food. meal vouchers came with the room but were dated for the night I checked in 10 PM, not much good for me. I ordered grits, they were both hot and crunchy!. Left and went to Hardee's down the road.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DavisonMark
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at the Oak Tree Inn for a brief stay in Marysville, and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was--particularly for its affordable price.

My room was ready to go when I checked in at 4:00 PM. There was plenty of parking and no stairs, so lugging bags back and forth was a cinch. I also liked that each building requires a room-key for access, adding an extra layer of security to my stay.

My room was very clean and had a powerful A/C unit that kept it as cold as I could want it during the hot and muggy summer. It also had a flat-screen TV, microwave, coffee maker, and a "micro-fridge" that was about twice the size of the mini-fridge I was expecting. I'm a clean-freak and a slight germophobe, but I have nothing but good things to report about the cleanliness of my room or any of the facilities at the Oak Tree Inn. The room was also quiet and had blackout curtains, which I especially appreciated, as I am a light-sensitive insomniac.

My only complaint is about the bed. I prefer a firm bed, but this one was so firm that I could feel the springs on my back when I lay down. The comforter could also have been a little more comfortable. Nevertheless, it suited my purposes for my time there and was worth the room-rate. (It is not the Ritz-Carlton, after all.)

Penny's Diner, the little 24-hour on-site restaurant, has good and affordable food, and the fact that I could walk to it from my room was a welcome convenience after a long day in the car.

The free (and relatively fast) WiFi was also a nice perk, and I always got a clear signal, even in the parking lot.

Overall, the Oak Tree Inn is worth its affordable cost, and it's a nice place to call home for a night or two. I will stay there again if I return to Marysville.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jared B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Oak Tree Inn - Sharon Springs
Thunderbird Motel
Thunderbird Motel
#2 of 2 in Marysville
Vintage Charm Guesthouse /  Hotel

Been to Oak Tree Inn Marysville? Share your experiences!