“Great price”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Delta, Colorado
“Great price”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We arrived around 9:30 PM. Motel room was clean, beds comfortable and had a flat screen HDTV. Great price value for room. Staff was polite and helpful. Only negative was I could sometimes hear other guests going in and out of rooms. Next door to motel is a Perkins Restaurant. Very convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Junekathrein,
Thank you for choosing us to stay on your recent trip to McPherson, KS. Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of our guest!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We came to McPherson for a weekend festival in nearby Lindsborg, and I chose this hotel because I wanted the kids to have something to do in the evenings. This place was perfect for that because there is an indoor courtyard where they played pool, mini golf, table tennis, arcade games, and swam in the indoor pool. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, plus the couch folded out into a bed for one of the kids. The staff was nice-- one went out of his way to get a key for the pop machine when my drink wouldn't come out, and another went to get extra pool towels for us, and joked around with my kids while doing it. The only things that were slightly negative were that the hottub wasn't working, which didn't make a difference to my kids anyway, and the breakfast area only had two tables that were full when we got there, but we just took our food and walked over to the courtyard where there are plenty of tables. I don't understand why others complained about the rooms, I thought that they were just right for the price I paid. If I wanted glamour and pampering I would have stayed in a fancier hotel and paid the price for it.

Room Tip: some rooms open into the indoor courtyard, and some open to the outside, you might ask so you know w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Erinwantscoffee,

Thank you so much for your kind review. Our staff works very hard to provide the best
customer service that we can. We glad that you and your family had an enjoyable time while
staying with us. As you mentioned we provide numerous family activities in our courtyard, such
as miniature golf, video games, ping pong, and even a pool table. Hope to see you in your
next trip to McPherson, KS.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We arrived around 6 PM last night And was warmly greeted. We are traveling with family and have a big RV and towing a car And this staff member was very accommodating in helping us park so that we were not in anyone's way. She graciously helped us add one more person to the room when one of our children needed to be with Mom.

• Stayed July 2013
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Hi 2CatchAWave,
Thank you so much for your honest review. We always do the best we can to accommodate all guests. We love having guests like you.
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Booked several rooms at this hotel for baseball families in town for a tournament. Went with this hotel because of 1.Price, 2. Courtyard area available to hang out in 3. availability of laundry facilities. Knowing this location was probably a little run down, took a chance. Sorry we did. The motel is very run down. Somewhat clean, but sketcy. Breakfast was a joke. 1. Price should have been about $49.00 plus taxes for the run down condition. 2. "Courtyard" area was not useable. It was 90 degrees outside, 120 degrees inside the courtyard area. Too hot to use. 3. Laundry facilities open at 9am... close at 10pm. They don't advertise these restrictive hours anywhere. When attending a ball tournament, we didn't get out of the ball park until 11pm, had to be back the next morning at 10am... so the laundry facilities were useless to us. We asked if we could be allowed to use them outside of those hours so we could clean the boys uniforms. Nope. Not interested in working with us. The bed I slept on was very comfortable and the AC was able to cool down the room after the sun went down, so sleep was nice. However, didn't get the same stories from other families on the comfort of their beds. There were several ceiling tiles in the bathroom areas that were not in place. I read that in other reviews too... Makes me wonder if they have hidden camereas trying to get a "peak" in some of the rooms? Breakfast consisted of pastries, cold cereal and juice. Nothing with protein for diabetic folks, so I went next door to the McDonalds. I don't normally post reviews on places, but felt the cost of this motel was SO OUTRAGEOUS compared to the value I had to post something somewhere. Last little cherry on top of our stay, when checking out the gal helping me at the front desk was about the rudest person I've encountered in a long time. She was visibly angry about someting before I even walked into the office, and didn't bother trying to hide it. We booked directly through the hotel, not through a 3rd party online place. Other families on our team booked at the Bestwestern just down the road. It has recently been redecorated. They had nothing but RAVE REVIEWS for thier stay from the condition of the property to the wonderful breakfast. We goofed by picking this location. Don't waste your time or money, for a few extra bucks go down the street!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, book somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Hi ShellyD304,
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you didn't have a good stay with us. We do have the hours of operation noted on the door of the guest laundry room. The reason for the limited hours is that the laundry room is located next to a guest room. There are definitely no cameras in any guest rooms, and the ceiling tiles lift up when the wind blows exceptionally strong, as it did that weekend. If you would have called the front desk to mention it, someone would have come down and corrected that for you immediately. For Breakfast we offer many items, including pastries, muffins, cereal, milk, juice, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, toast, and of course coffee and tea. If you had a question about breakfast and needing a protein item, we would have happily directed you to the hard boiled eggs.
Bird City, Kansas
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge May 17th and May 18th on the morning of the 19th I wokeup with a Bedbug attached to my left buttox.
I told the lady when I checked out about the bedbug,
Am wondering if they will do anything about it
I will find it hard to go back
I have had the bug identified to make sure that it is a bedbug and it is

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken K
Hemang B, General Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Ken,
I apologize for the problem that you had at the hotel, however, when you left you advised our desk clerk that the bug had to be pulled from your skin because it was stuck. Anyone could inform you that was a tick, and not a bed bug. We had an exterminator examine the room you stayed in, before housekeeping cleaned it, " Did not see any bugs, or signs of any bed bugs. I checked bedding, box springs, mattress, headboard, side tables, desk, curtains, carpeting, pullout couch, and crown moldings. Found nothing." We take every report of bed bugs seriously, and have not found any at this hotel in over 5 year, since it became an EconoLodge. Thank You for this review, so we could respond.

Hemang Bhakta
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Rooms are amazing and very spacious. We had to pull off the road due to weather conditions. The rates were very reasonable and it was just great overall. We would recommend this hotel to everyone. Extremely happy with everything. Also, we were grateful for the attached restaurant because we didn't have to leave the hotel. If you want a full service hotel then stay here.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Betsey,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very grateful that you choose our hotel to stay at during the horrible storm that was going on in Kansas. We are so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family.
Hope to see you again someday! (Without the Snow).
Slinger, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here for a night after my truck broke down in town. Room price was expensive in my opinion, I travel for work and I am on the road for weeks at a time I have stayed in many less expensive rooms that were much nicer. Other than that I thought the rooms were clean, and the staff was very responsive and helpful.

Room Tip: check out the Wheat State Motel on the other side of town!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hemang B, Manager at Econo Lodge McPherson, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Hi Chevydmax04, Thank you for your feedback and to choose us for your recent stay in McPherson, KS. We apology for any inconvenience you had on your stay. As you have seen our rooms are nice and clean. Our Housekeeping staff put a lots of effort to provide a nice and clean room to all our guest. I am glad to hear good about our staff member. customers our first priority. I will be glad if you choose us on your next trip or if you passing through from McPherson, KS, We will be more than happy to serve you in future.
Thanks once again for your review and staying with us.