“Safe Haven on Hwy 54”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meade
Daltons Bedpost Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Meade
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Safe Haven on Hwy 54”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed here many times over 24 years and feel it to be a safe and fairly comfortable stop. Using the heat/AC and TV takes a bit of understanding and water pressure was low on this last stay. Refrigerator, microwave, and in-room coffee maker are fine. The price has slowly drifted up over the years ($65 for single) and now exceeds major brands 40 miles up the road. This is one thing that will make me hesitant to return and may be contributing to what I perceive as fewer guests. Also, I would rather skip the breakfast of bagged cinnamon roll and boxed juice for a lower price.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Vernelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Goddard, KS
Reviewed 29 July 2013

There is not much choice in Meade as to where to stay. I based this stay on Trip Advisor reviews. The room was very small but clean. There was not enough electrical outlets to plug everything in. When I went to take a shower there was what I first took to be an ornamental toad in the shower. After poking it, it jumped so it was a real toad after all.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lucky93692
tathorton1, Owner at Daltons Bedpost Motel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review. I'm a little confused as to how a toad could have been in the shower since the whole motel is surrounded by concrete. Also since housekeeping didn't find the toad anywhere, I was just wondering what you might have done with it. We would have gladly given assistance had you let us know about the toad. I would have no confusion if you had stated it was a grasshopper as we had some giants this year! We hope you will stop in again...it's safe to say there won't be any toads in the shower!
santa fe, NM
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was traveling cross-country with a toddler and decided to stop for the night in Meade, KS. The room was $59 plus tax ($65 total) with one bed (full or queen, not sure which one) and miracle of miracles, a comfortable ROCKING CHAIR in the room. Nice for putting the little child at ease! Very nice quality 100% cotton quilt on the bed, so nice that I wondered if it was handmade -- much nicer than the cheap, slick-feeling covers on most motel beds. Bathroom was chilly and is made of concrete blocks, but for our very short-term stay it was adequate. No bathtub, just a shower. Good water pressure and hot water, good heater for the room, good lighting, fridge and microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, TV, internet, & everything worked. Front desk staff were kind and friendly both at night-time check-in and when we left in the morning (with our free donuts & apple in hand). I was able to park about 6 feet from the door to our room and felt we and the car were both completely safe.

Room Tip: I liked #15.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeanette A
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Clean rooms! Next up.. friendly customer service and last but not least: they allowed my dogs!

Was weary due to poor reviews which is why I'm reviewing now. Its small, but everything you need and long hot showers. (The water doesn't run out even in the morning!)

Im super pleased, its not a fancy ritzy hotel but who really NEEDS that stuff anyways? I wish I had learned about this place before. The cost is great too. *happy camper* :)

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank sarrahansen
tathorton1, Owner at Daltons Bedpost Motel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed having you as our guest.
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Clean, but room felt small. Bathrooms are VERY small, but not much they can do about it because everything is build out of blocks. Shower was block construction with concrete floor. Toilet was awkward to sit on. The room felt clean but was obviously dated.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Northfield, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Quiet, and Clean place to stay. Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Danny U

Been to Daltons Bedpost Motel? Share your experiences!