“Pack your CSI kit”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed 19 June 2009

This place is totally sketchy. Even as we were driving up I knew I had made the wrong choice. The place is in need of repair. The room was dirty. All of the dishes were dirty (we only stayed one night so we didn't need them, but still). There were no knobs on the air conditioner and the controls were FILTHY (I am not sure that they have ever been cleaned). There was something gross splattered all over the ceiling of the bathroom. It looked like a crime scene. The location was great for our purposes, but the Drury Inn right around the corner looked much nicer and when I was pricing really wasn't that much expensive. We only needed it for the night for a friends wedding, but I really wish I had spent the extra money. Hindsight's always 20/20. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera so that I could have shared pictures of this place though, guess you'll have to take my word for it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank blueboat

Reviewed 2 April 2009

I was completely satisfied with the room, with the service, and with the cleanliness. After having read a number of negative reviews, I was not sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised, and I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone looking for convenience, cleanliness, and service; all at a great price!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2009

This was our second stay at this location and I must say this was the best stay we have had any of the hotels/motel in the greater Kansas City area. Clean, quite, and very friendly helpfull staff. I asked for the same suite we had on a previous stay and the staff was able to to have it availabe for us. While this was for a business stay I will stay here again even when visiting family.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2008

Unfriendly staff, poor service (never brought requested pillow/blanket),outdated & cramped rooms, uncomfortable bed/pillow, no blanket, dirty comforter, old smell in room, bathroom old (bath tub stain/broken fixtures/toilet seat had a large crack that hurt), kitchen old and dirty. No toilet paper in room, staff wouldn't bring to room and had to walk to the other side of building to pick it up myself from rude staff. definitely a one star motel (not the two star studio/suite that was quoted).

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TJstl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission

Address: 6451 Frontage Rd, Merriam, KS 66202-4717 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Region: United States > Kansas > Merriam
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Price Range: £49 - £58 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Merriam