“If you just really need a bed...ANY bed.”

Quality Inn Merriam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel is RIGHT off of I-35 and super easy to find. So that's the good part of the review. The hotel is in disrepair. The dresser in my room had holes in the top of it. I wish I hadn't opened the bi-fold closet doors, because they wouldn't shut. And when I walked into my room, I assumed the maid had left the window open because of the about of road noise I immediately heard. But...it was cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank jrquinn57

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I have stayed at this Quality Inn over some time. This is certainly one choice location. Clean, secure and with a staff that still understands that being hospitable is key to the hospitality industry. Friendly and helpful everyone from the owner through the groundskeeper is polite and ready to assist you. Comfortable rooms and in a location that makes it easy to navigate around the Kansas City metro, it’s easy to see why you begin to recognize familiar faces as it appears they have developed strong customer loyalty, especially among business travelers. Another plus for me is the location is pet friendly. Some remodeling is underway so it’s easy to see that they are investing in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray R
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Highly RECOMMENDED!!!!! Stay here if you have the chance!!!! Quality inn was great!,
Easy to Find!

Great value for the price.

I don't normally stay at Choice Hotels, however after staying here i might start to.
The staff was very kind and treated me like royalty. For example my room was seriously the furthest way from the front desk, when i asked for extra towels and pillows, it took them no more than like 5 minutes to get to my room!(super fast!). Im a Decor manager, and Contractor so i can say that your rooms were just so well organized. Amazing paint scheme.

As for breakfast, they have the cleanest and freshest breakfast of any motel I've been to so far. Huge Verity of things to eat.

POOL!!!!!...i enjoy a little swim now and then. Super nice, and clean water.

Rooms, Seemed so spacious, but I heard they are renovating some time soon can't wait to see what improvements they make!!

The Bathroom, People, this Qauilty inn, the bathroom was seriously what wins your heart. IT had a wonderful aroma of sort, The tube was spotless, and shinny!.

The beds were soo soft, seriously like sleeping on a cloud.
Awesome rooms period.

Will stay here again every time I visit this city.

Room Tip: I suggest you try to get a room closer to breakfast Area so you can get all the awesome food.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I've stayed here in the past several times and never had any problems with either ground floor on either side of the hotel. The front side is closer to the interstate so it is noisy. The back side of the hotel is much quieter. Cleaniless has always been average....and I've always thought highly of the staff....but then....

I booked this hotel for one night Memorial Day weekend. I arrived, checked in and went to the room. I saw that the top of the bed looked like someone had either laid down on it...or sat on the bed. Just seemed off to me. Also the remote for the TV was on the bed (never had been in that location at this hotel before.

There was a towel on the floor and I looked in the bathroom and it there was towels hanging up as though someone had taken a shower. I went back to the desk and told them the room was not clean. The guy gave me an upgrade to a King room on the 3rd floor. This room was clean, smelled of fresh paint...and I had no problems with this room. Had a great night.

Check out wasn't as fast as it once was. Breakfast is mediocre and they ran out quickly.

Both staff members that I dealt with were friendly.

I'd stay again.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor are outside entrances. 3rd floor is interior.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Colleen U
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

The first two rooms, on first floor, I tried to stay in had some insects. The guy at the counter could barely understand English too. The third room I checked out was actually clean but the air conditioner front cover was laying on the floor and was NOISY but I was so tired by that point and eventually fell asleep. That was a room on the top floor. The whole place should be rebuilt.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank 92accord
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Staff was polite and quick but the hotel is very run down dingy and somewhat odd. I cant say the room was awful.. it was clean, everything worked and the bed was comfortable however the hotel its self is in need of a major remodel..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank EER32114
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Merriam, Ks. on June 4, 2011. I checked in around 9pm and my check in process was quick and my room was as I had requested via the All Choice Hotels website. It was a busy NASCAR weekend in Kansas City so that may have been a factor in my experience. There were a lot of people checking in when I was, but the narrow hallways on the 3rd floor (non smoking) were congested with people passing in the halls. The 3rd floor hallways reeked of cigarette smoke even though this was a non smoking floor, however thankfully my room was clean and fresh smelling. I have stayed in other Quality Inns in the past and found the room to be similar to the others. The breakfast is adequate if you are in a hurry, but not enticing. Coffee was very good! I felt safe there as a single woman traveling alone once I got in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor on the back side of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ksdoglady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Walnut Grove RV Park
Walnut Grove RV Park
#1 of 1 in Merriam

Been to Quality Inn Merriam? Share your experiences!