Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Shawnee Mission
US$79
Travelocity
US$67
US$65
Ramada Overland Park(Overland Park)
US$97
US$109
US$88
US$99
US$89
All reviewsfree soda and popcornkansas cityevening kickbacklight dinnerkick backnice notehot breakfastikea storebreakfast and dinnersausage pattiesoff the highwaystayed two nightsbaked potatohotel chaincomfortable place to stayroom was cleanstaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor recommendations and the fact that we needed to be near Shawnee Mission Medical Center. Frankly, we almost did NOT stay here because of the pictures, which showed a dated decor, making me concerned about the quality of the facility. However, the excellent reviews swayed us, and we were pleasantly surprised. First, the positives as noted by other reviewers: quiet, clean, very comfortable rooms, pleasant staff, and free food top the list. I did not expect the king deluxe room to feature a sofa plus a recliner and club chair in addition to the desk and king bed. The room had an attractive brick wall. I heard NO noise from the hallway and only a couple instances of outside noise. Also, "green" guests will appreciate the dispensers in the bathroom with shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel instead of travel-sized containers. The only negative was a dated decor. If you must have up-to-date furnishings to feel comfortable, then you will not be happy. If you would choose comfort over beauty (and if you like free appetizers/light dinner, drinks, and breakfast), then you will most likely be pleased. We liked the hotel enough that we joined the travel reward program and will look for other Drury Inns in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Okay...so the hotel is a little old. Trust me, you won't care. Great service, great rate, good food, and, best of all, FREE BEER -- Arrive during happy hour and free drinks are included with the room. Really, for the price you will not find better. We will travel out of our way to stay at Drury Inns in the future.

Room Tip: Be nice to Brandon, one of the managers
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank andrews0026
Reviewed 30 October 2011

After staying in 5 other hotels in the last two weeks, this topped them all. The most outstanding thing was the breakfast. Great quality of food included with the room. The price was even better than most of the other hotels. I would love for Drury to bring this quality/price to Northern California where I live.

Room Tip: Third floor room facing the back of the hotel was fine. Make sure you draw the curtains before sleeping because the sun shines bright in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My family and I had a horrible experience at a Ramada Inn in Shawnee, KS, and we fled to a nearby Drury Inn. Thank Goodness! We were greeted with smiles, cleanliness, food (free), patience, helpfulness, kindness....I cannot say enough good things about this company. Excellent accommodations and service!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I stayed here for a few nights in september. Nice rom with comfortable bed and pillows, 32 inch LCD, Micro and fridge. The bathroom had for some reason a dividing wall which made it a bit narrow. The corridor smelled weird during my whole stay, but thankfully not my room. The hotel has the normal Drury nice extras, and breakfast is great. Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends