“Great lodging experience”

Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed one night on my Yellowstone trip. Nice hotel and comfortable clean room. I have stayed in Drury Inn before so I knew I would enjoy my stay. the hotel provided beer, wine, sodas with a dinner type snacks with a salad and chips and chicken finger foods. I mostly enjoyed the wine and salad. The breakfast was above average and was a good start to the day. I will consider Drury when visiting any area of the country. An added note the staff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard D
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights for an extended Father's Day weekend. The hotel was a HUGE hit with the kids. Free popcorn and soda... need I say more? They didn't want to go back home.

As far as our room goes, it was clean and well-maintained. The beds are comfortable and the TV has plenty of channels. We did not have any problems with noise, even though our room was right by a stairwell. The employees were very friendly, and even gave us a great tip: You can get tickets to the KC Zoo for just $5 from the front desk.

The closest thing to a "problem" we had was that the toilet in the bathroom leaked a bit, so the toilet would randomly run to replace the water seeping out of the tank. It was not nearly enough to warrant any sort of complaint.

This was our first time to a Drury Hotel, and we definitely plan to seek out Drury properties when we travel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

What I have grown to expect from the Drury chain; clean rooms & friendly, courteous staff was evident at this facility as well. The staff was accomodating and extremely professional. For this reason alone I will always seek the Drury family of hotels before all others when traveling.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Clean, comfortable, nice warm breakfast, warm appetizers and free beverages in the evening. This was our first stay in a Drury Inn and it was a wonderful stay! Also, the desk has coupons for reduced admission to area attractions, a very nice bonus. One more time, the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I very seldom give an excellent rating, but I feel this motel deserves one. Myself,wife,and three kids stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend while attending a softball tournament. We had a room on the third floor. The desk staff was friendly,fast and helpful.The room was very clean and the beds were super comfortable. I have back trouble, and two nights here had my back feeling the best it had for weeks. The shower worked great and I loved the large shower nozzle and the soap,shampoo,and conditioner dispensers. The flat screen TV was very nice and the coffee maker was extremely simple to use. Breakfast was as good as it gets in a motel with scrambled eggs,sausage,b and gravy,waffles,etc. all hot and plentiful,and Jessica and the other lady(yes there were two) working the breakfast bar were very helpful and nice offering pleasant conversation and encouragement . I am hard pressed to find any drawbacks. The fan on the AC was a little loud, and it would have been nice to have had an indoor pool, but these were very minor. Our room was quiet as far as outside noise even though it was right next to the stairs. Very easy in and out and right off of I-35. Over all the best in a long time and We will make sure to stay again. The manager and staff of this place obviously take a lot of pride in their work, and it shows.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We usually stay at the Drury Inn in Merriam, KS when we visit our son and family. The front desk in the past has been very pleasant to us and that is one of the reasons we keep coming back. On the evening of February 23rd, we came back to hotel after spending the evening with our son and being told by the two front desk people, Heather and Blake, that the hotel was evacuated because of a CO2 leak and they made reservation at the Drury Inn in Overland Park, KS. They had directions printed out for us and said everything was set up at the hotel and our room was comped for the evening. The Overland Park hotel staff (especially Minna at the front desk) was just as wonderful as the Merriam one. Considering they took on extra guests that evening, they treated us and everyone else wonderfully the next morning during breakfast. I just want to give KUDOS to the amazing staff of both hotels. I know you are not consider a 5 star hotel, but in our eyes you are!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This was the first time our family has stayed at a Drury Inn and it will not be the last. This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The mini fridge and microwave in our room was a plus. Free Wi-FI was great and easy to access. They had free appetizer food in the evening and a great breakfast in the morning. They also had free pop and popcorn later in the evening until 10 p.m. The staff at this hotel was so friendly - true customer service. We were very impressed with Drury and because of this hotel, we will search out Drury Inn's for our future travel needs.
Jessica, the GM was so helpful and friendly and showed perfect customer service. I will definiatly use the Drury in Merriam again. May perks at Drury and this family was impressed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gretchen S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Been to Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!