“Caring staff, comfortable stay”

Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Visiting family nearby, so convenient location for holiday weekend. Staff members were friendly and caring - room had not been serviced one day when we got back and manager was genuinely upset - credited us for half the room charge. Overall comfortable, clean rooms. First time stay at a drury inn and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 September 2013

The exterior of the hotel is a little run down however the staff is top notch, the hotel is VERY pet friendly, and the rooms are large and comfortable. I was most impressed with the engineer that I ran into on my way out of the hotel. He was so attentive and helpful and it had nothing to do with "engineering". I think those are the employees that deserve the most praise - the ones that go above their titles. My family lives in Mission and we come into town at least 4 times a year. This Drury Inn is our new hotel of choice

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Was here for my daughters wedding. Her sister, who is in a wheelchair and has never traveled outside Califonia since her accident 24 yrs ago, flew in and the staff went WAY above and beyond to insure that her stay was a good one. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ron 312 ( I think that's the one I stayed in) had no neighbors on either side. Just across the h...
2  Thank Ropo927
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My teen and I traveled to a family anniversary and stayed at the Drury Inn. Our room was very neat and clean. We each had a queen-sized bed with four pillows. My teen brought the laptop and the connection was immediate; I brought along my iPod and had a great connection, too.

We weren't too far from the elevators and at first I was concerned about the noise but we didn't have any problems at all (we stayed two nights). We didn't take advantage of the evening snacks but we enjoyed breakfast on Sunday. When I went through the line, they were almost out of eggs and the employee assured me that they would be out within a few seconds and sure enough, they were. Everything was delicious.

The only thing that I wish is that there was better lighting in the shower area. It seemed a bit dark to me. Plus, the room had no ventilation system to get rid of the steam from the shower, so when I got out, everything was "damp" and uncomfortable.

Check-in was easy and check-out was, too. They had slipped the notice beneath our door so that we woke up with the bill on Sunday.

We will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family members. We hope to have a family reunion in the summer of 2014 and if so, we hope to be able to stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Patty M
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice!! Love that we get something to eat at 5:30! And the 3 free drinks per person are awesome!! The younger kid loved the free pop! Breakfast was good also it was so busy that we had to take ours to our room which the motel didn't care. Most places will not let you! I wish these motels where everywhere I go! I will stay there again when I'm up that way!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We just returned from 2 nights of staying at this wonderful hotel. I have never stayed at a Drury Inn before, and to be honest, we have always stayed in 4/5 star hotels or vacation homes everywhere we go, so we weren't expecting much. Let me say that we were blown away!

First, I called to see if we could check in early since we were going to be arriving in town around 11am. They had no problem with that, plus as the other reviews said, I asked for a room at the end of a hallway, preferable on the 3rd or 4th floor. No problem they said - they were so accommodating! We didn't hear a THING in our hotel room.

The lady's at the front desk were so knowledgeable. They could tell you the weather, where to eat, things to do, and always with smiles on their faces. For dinner, we came back to the hotel slightly after they closed everything, and she offered to drag everything out and send us with food and drinks! Breakfast and dinner have a good variety, plus there is popcorn and soda from 3-9.

The beds were pretty comfy. They will not make your beds if you have anything on or around your bed. Housekeeping left a nice note on the bed to let me know they cannot touch our stuff and said they were sorry. We had a problem with our toilet almost overflowing and they were upstairs with a plunger in no time.

As far as how far away things are, we went to crown center and it took at 15 minutes to get there. Worlds of fun is about 25 minutes away. The area itself is really nice, upscale in fact, especially a few miles down Shawnee Mission. There are restaurants, fast food, Walmart, and other places close by. We had to stop by Russell Stovers since we don't have one where we live which is maybe 1 mile from the hotel. You really are close to everything, yet away from the KC traffic.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the end of the hall.
2  Thank kthmiles
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights and It was our first time staying at a Drury Hotel....we loved it. I loved the rainfall shower head & the separate shower area. Our kids enjoyed the free soft drinks & popcorn. The breakfast was excellent. All of the staff was very friendly & helpful. Beds were too soft for us though & the toilet seemed to have a small leak and would run frequently. We will definitely stay at a Drury Hotel again.

1  Thank MsC176
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Courtyard Kansas City Shawnee
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Lenexa City Center
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park

Been to Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!