“Great place! I'm sold on Drury Inns”

Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Williamsburg, Ohio
“Great place! I'm sold on Drury Inns”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I was switched from a different location (due to a goof on my part) to this site and didn't have time to check reviews, so was a little worried. No worry! This place is great. Our room had a microwave and fridge, so leftovers from Jack Stack's were easily reheated for lunch. My sister-in-law easily accessed the wifi (she usually has problems). I on the other hand had to call support. The tech was extremely helpful and offered to have me call when I got home to reset some of the settings if I had trouble. The evening beverage and snack service was the best I've seen - almost a full service bar! The QuikStart breakfast was also one of the best I've seen. Very friendly, helpful staff whether it was finding a restaurant or a cell phone store. Pop, popcorn, and coffee are available FREE from morning until 10PM.

Even though it's located in Kansas, we were only 12 minutes from KC, Missouri,. with easy access to the interstate. I've always tried to find rooms at another hotel chain, but this experience sold me on Drury's. I'll always look for one of these when I travel!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Stayed for 2 nights for a wedding, clean room, good service and the best Hot Breakfast. Sausage, scrambled eggs, french toast, waffles included in the room price. Only drawback was the pool was outside and no whirlpool. We booked a queen room at $65 per night. Very good value!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
wittmann, az
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We loved staying here it was great! Clean, clean, clean they keep this establishment looking beautiful all the time. Happy hour was great; the morning breakfast was the best. Stay here if you can it is worth every penny!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We just returned from a week-end stay at the Drury Inn in Merriam, KS. We were very impressed with this little jewel in all respects. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Wireless Internet with a nice desk and comfy chair. Huge TV (though we didn't watch much TV - we're readers). Big comfortable kingsized bed with extra pillows. The staff was very friendly and inviting. The place is very peaceful and quiet and we felt very safe in the location. There was shopping and lots of places closed by to have meals. All in all a wonderful stay for $69.00 per night. This will be our place to stay when we travel to KC for our occasional getaways.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2008

Stayed for two evenings in late November '08. Booked using a AAA rate (~$90/night).

The Good:
- Standard Drury amenities: free drinks from 5:30 - 7, decent warm & cold breakfast buffet, free long distance calling each evening
- Convenient location close to I-35 and near a number of chain & independent stores and restaurants
- Fast, free wired & wireless Internet access

The Bad:
- exercise room was pathetic - two treadmills and one bike. A few free weights or one additional piece of cardio equipment would have been appreciated
- bathroom was a bit old/dated as was the room's decor

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Our softball teams (14U and 16U) stayed here for five nights in July 2008. The management was extremely accomodating in all aspects. Sometimes travel teams like ours can wear on a hotel's staff but not at this hotel - they were always very courteous and came through on all special requests (ie. allowing us to use the kitchen dining area for lunch, etc).

The rooms were clean and comfortable although not large. Beds were comfortable. House keeping did a great job of keeping up with clean towels and bedding.

Location was great for our purposes. There is a Winsteads Diner and an I-Hop next door as well as a large convenience store across the street. Very convenient to I-35.

Only negative I could come up with is the hotel could use a little updating.

Other then that, we were very pleased and will be returning for future softball tournaments.

• Liked — Friendly, Accomodating Management
  • Disliked — Needs some updating.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Central OH
Reviewed 24 July 2008

This stay was our first in a Drury Inn, and we were very pleased. Our room was good sized and incredibly clean. The free breakfast was superior to what we've experienced at a Hampton Inn, and the happy hour refreshments were an added bonus. We would recommend it to anyone without hesitation. The only thing we would change is to have the pool open for the early morning and/or late evening hours (it was open 10 AM - 10 PM, so no chance for that pre-breakfast swim).

• Liked — An incredibly clean room
  • Disliked — Limited pool hours
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Quality Inn Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
#4 of 5 in Merriam
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park

Been to Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!