“GREAT PLACE!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mission
Mission, Kansas
“GREAT PLACE!”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed at THE Value Place Extended Stay Hotel, in Mission Kansas, for 7 months. It was a great experience and exceeded all of my expectations. They are located in an upscale neighborhood in Kansas City - with easy access to almost anything. My greatest concern, when staying at a hotel is safety, for myself and my car. Value Place proved to be incredibly safe and secure with police/security patrolling parking lot at night. The staff was wonderful and personal requests/problems were addressed and taken care of immediately. Noise wasn't a problem. Sometimes, I wondered if I was the only guest (eventhough hotel was full) because it was so quiet. I am a light sleeper but noise was no problem when taking a nap or getting a good night's sleep. This is, by far, the cheapest and greatest deal kansas City has to offfer when it comes to extended stay hotels. I LOVED IT!!! Lydia

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank lydia s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2010

When I looked for lodging in Kansas City for my husband and myself I was dismayed to find that most hotels/motels were $60 (only 1) and up. Then, I found the ad for Value Place. I was hesitant to book a room because the rate for a week (the minimum stay) with taxes and fees was $220. The location was good and we decided to take a chance. It turned out to be an excellent choice. Value Place promises inexpensive but simple lodging which is clean and safe and I am pleased to say that was the case. We simply needed a place to sleep so we didn't use the stove or microwave ... though the full sized fridge was handy to store OJ and yogurt for breakfast. I would call Value Place "industrial strength simplicity" ... there are no frills here and you must pay extra for things like a coffeepot or dishes or some of the other amenities. There is no answering service. Our room had a double bed, small tale and 2 chairs, TV, telephone and alarm clock. When you check in your receive and inventory sheet and everything in the room is listed. There are also a list of rules which seem a bit odd at first but which help to keep the place safe and clean and quiet. I think most of the people who stay there are people who are working temporary jobs or perhaps looking for a place to live. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are no chocolates left on your pillow at night ... but with money you save you can buy a whole box of Godiva.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Femmedefleur
kansas city
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My boyfriend and I chose this place because we were in the middle of looking for a new place and we liked that they had a small kitchen area. We stayed here for only a month and then were taken for 650 dollars. In the agreement it states if the police are called that you have to leave immediately and you don't get your money back. So at 4 am while my boyfriend and I were laying down,the shady security guard that followed us around all the time called the police on us the day after we had just given them 650 dollars,and told the police we were loud and arguing. The police actually arrested my boyfriend,with no proof that we were arguing,only taking his word for it. They basically got a free 750 dollars (including the 100 deposit) kicked us out and probably did the same thing to the next person that checked in. Now that was the biggest problem. The other problems were the housekeepers NEVER came,they had roaches everywhere,on the website it shows big beds but you'll really be sleeping on a twin bed fit for a child,if you get a room by a staircase be prepared to listen to that door slam ALL NIGHT,white trash wandered the halls at night,and people's cars were getting broken into every night and I honestly believe it was the staff.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank nicolerKansasCity
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission
Quality Inn Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
#4 of 5 in Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
816 Hotel
816 Hotel
#23 of 109 in Kansas City
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee

Been to WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission? Share your experiences!