“Nice place - unique customer service - military be cautious”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Newton
“Nice place - unique customer service - military be cautious”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We are now three weeks on the road and we have opted to use Holiday Inn Express exclusively because of their cleanliness, friendliness, convenient location and value.
Newton, Kansas proved to be an exception in the service area. We were checked in at 330 and was told our room was not ready - turns out it was. When I asked for, and have always received, my military discount she informed me that my rate was only 4 dollars more than the military rate and that she would have to get approval and all her work would only net me 4 bucks. I did not get a discount - 4 or 40 it was still my money.
When I asked her where we could get something to eat she directed us to Applebys but told my wife and I that we should walk to it if we intended to drink. That was a first. We felt it highly inappropriate to insert herself into our social behaviors. BTW - we don't drink.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Greenegs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Greenegs,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us and if your stay was negatively affected by the customer service you received from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This feels like a relatively new hotel with a comfortable lobby/eating area. Family friendly, but great for adults too. Room was clean and the bed was every bit as comfortable as any I've slept on - including my own. TV channel selection is good and they have a handy placard with the station selection. Choice of pillows clearly marked "soft" and "firm". Great water pressure in the bathroom. The only negative thing I can say is that the towel bar was missing one of it's brackets; so, there wasn't a towel bar. That did not impact the quality of my stay. The staff was nice, friendly, helpful. Just what you would expect from middle America. Plus, it's right next to the Meridian Center & the interstate. Did I mention it was reasonably priced? It was! Even my room next to the elevator was quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dumfries, Virginia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This hotel has only been open a year. Staff was extremely helpful and hotel was very clean and still felt new. It was quiet. Was nice that we couldn't hear any traffic outside. Recommend this hotel to families and business travelers alike. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 27 February 2013

What a great HIE!! We had event held next door at the Meridian Center (beautiful facility), and stayed at this hotel. The lobby's decor was welcoming and modern. Right off the highway, clean rooms, comfortable beds and professional staff ... couldn't ask for more. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or near the Newton area. There are a couple minor things to note. The workout room only has a few machines, but it was enough for me. Also, there are only a couple restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Newton, Kansas
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I use this hotel as my base when working in the general area. It is brand new. The service is also exceptionally good. Rooms are always clean and smell good as they have never been smoked in like some other hotels in the neighborhood. Breakfast is also better that I was expecting from a hotel like this. The star rating should be higher just because of the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel is a perfect representation of what I expect a Holiday Inn Express to be. Kathy at the front desk goes "above and beyond" to extend exceptional customer service. The hotel is approximately 3 yrs old and in immaculate condition.
We had a lot of family to accompany my granddaughter to her first year at college at Tabor College.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms on the first floor. I believe there are suites on the 2nd and 3rd floors. All rooms w...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Beatrice
Reviewed 3 February 2013

When we stayed there, the property had been open only a few months. It just glistened. Modern decor. Friendly front desk staff. Special refreshments for Priority Club members when you arrive. We just had a quick overnight stay on our way to some place else, but we would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Melissa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for your nice words about our hotel. We strive to give our customers the best service and make them feel at home. Come back and see us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Comfort Inn & Suites Newton
#3 of 4 in Park City
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Park City

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton? Share your experiences!