“Older Hotel”
Review of Red Coach Inn

Red Coach Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Old Hotel, but staff are exceptional and cleanliness is outstanding, which makes up for the older facility. In addition, you can park in front of your room, very important to me since I travel with medical equipment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I spent two nights here. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room very clean. I stayed during an ice and snow storm followed by below zero morning lows (not because of the weather, merely a coincidence). I had an inside room that was nice and warm. The breakfast area however was rather chilly. The price was good, lower than a lot of others in town. Inside rooms are about $10 more a night than outside rooms but with the weather it was worth it. Breakfast was average but fresh. I'll stay here again if I'm back in Newton sometime.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a great price. We stayed here with a large family. Many of the rooms open up into an atrium with tables and chairs - great for casual group gatherings. There is also a pool. The rooms are old, but clean. They do smell strongly of smoke, though.

The hotel is located near several truck-stop diners, which serve amazing breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

When we arrived the temperature was in the teens knowing that we were from Arizona they put us in an inside room so that we would not be so cold, mostly Tamara & Andy made us feel welcomed like home. When we arrived they let us know there was not going to be service on Christmas day they were going to let the entire housekeeping staff off, to us this meant that they care about their employees, we had advanced notice all we had to do on Christmas Eve is get extra towels and soap we could deal with not having our bed made for 1 day. We have family that live in Newton, we will no longer look for a place to stay we will stay here. We also liked that if you prepay you get a 5% discount, when you travel you need to save were you can.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The exterior of this hotel is what ruins the experience. The people are very nice and helpful and the location is great. However, the exterior is really run down looking and although the rooms are not dirty. The outside of the hotel makes the inside of the rooms feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The last few days I spent in Newton, Kansas at the Best Western Red Coach while attending my 50th school reunion. This had not been my first stay which is the very reason I chose to stay here again this year. The Newton High School reunions,for my year, is held about every 5 years and I have stayed at the Red Coach the last 2 times and have found it to be a very enjoyable trip. I spent 3 nights this time. The room was fantastic, the people working there were very kind and helpful, and the price per night was very affordable. Like I said, this was our 50th reunion so we all were of retirement age. We had our reception area set up next to the inside swimming pool and hot tub. Wish I could have had more time to experience them. When I checked in, the clerk was very knowledgeable about where I should go to get to the registration area with map directions. Although I didn't take part, I saw where they had a neat little area where the people staying at the motel could have a nice little breakfast. I'm sorry I didn't have time to partake of it as well.
I prefer priviacy during my stay and I got it. However, if there was anything I wanted or needed, someone was there to see to it. The desk clerks were very professional and kind. As I was checking out on Sunday, Tamera ask me if everything was satisfactory during my stay. You could tell she really wanted to know. God willing I will be to our next reunion and yes, I will be staying at the Best Western Red Coach. Thank you all for a very memorable trip.
Jodi from the year of "63".

Room Tip: I stayed in an room with an outside entrance on the west side. It was quiet and gave me a closer acc...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jodi B
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel during the State Fair for the past several years. I do prefer the interior rooms over exterior ones mainly for sleep quality. It is an older hotel but I feel they work hard at keeping it up. I think the price is a little high for the hotel as I have stayed in other Best Westerns that were nicer for less. I did prefer their biscuits and gravy last year over the eggs and sausage this year but at least there was breakfast available both mornings we were there this year. All in all, we had a good stay, the staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable and we will be back next year!m

Room Tip: Interior rooms are nicer than exterior rooms, in my experience.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn - Newton
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Hesston
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
WoodSpring Suites Wichita North

Been to Red Coach Inn? Share your experiences!