“Don't judge this book by its cover”
Review of Kansas Country Inn

Kansas Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Like other people had mentioned, the exterior needs some updating and if you were just driving past, you might not pick this place for your stay. However, after reading some recent reviews, we took a chance anyway and we are happy that we did. First, all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms with 2 queen beds. The room was nice and clean, A/C worked great, Bed was firm but not too bad, Shower was good, and Wifi worked well. Breakfast was good with the usual waffles and biscuits and gravy, however the biscuits were homemade which added a little to the breakfast. If I was ever coming through this area of the country again, I'd come back and stay here again

Room Tip: Call and book directly and ask for one of their newly remodeled room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We were traveling and were to tired to make it our usual motel. A little research on Trip Advisor and we found this great independent motel. Oakley is a ranching community so the ambiance of the aroma greater you, however once in the room the Inn Keeper had the room smelling wonderful! This was our. 4th night in a hotel room for this trip and I slept the best here. We stayed in a newly remodeled room which was very clean and nicely decorated. Let me say the towels were as soft as at a 4 star hotel!!!
This hotel is a little older but it is obvious that they are in the middle of a renovation. My advise would be to spend a little now on some fresh paint to spruce up the outside. Just a little paint will really brighten it up. Good luck and thanks for a great rest.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in several hotels lately and this one had the softest bed so far. Though it's nothing fancy outside, don't be fooled, they have done work where it is important first! The interior has been upgraded with beautiful granite counter tops, soft bedding (a must for tired travelers), new tile in the bathrooms.
When we first arrived the smell of the town surprised me, however the room was clean and smelt pleasing. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast hit the spot, I got the energy needed to get me on the road. If passing thru again I would stop here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Don't let the exterior fool you. We were so tired from our road trip, and were so pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to our room. It was beautiful! Fresh new everything! New carpet, beautiful crisp white duvet's on the beds and granite counter tops. It was fresh and clean. The best bargain out there...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karl K
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We arrived at 3am after calling at 1am to see if there were any vacancies as our hotel in Hays, KS over booked. Thank you for answering the phone and having a room available. Very spacious, clean room and nice breakfast. Thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The sign said "No Vacancy" we asked anyway and we were glad we did.
They were full due to migrating work forces but both the staff and patrons were fun, amiable and personable.
We spent a great day at the pool. the room held up well to the terrible storm. There was terrible wind and rain. The lights went off for a while but the windows were solid and the bathroom was also rated as a storm shelter.
Our room was newly refurbished it had soft beds and clean sheets, no smoke smell.

Room Tip: The sign said "No Vacancies" but we asked anyway. I am glad we did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My name is Victoria and we are pilot cars. We stay in Oakley, Is a lot. Denna and staff work so well with us. They understand in our "wind energy" world, things change quickly. They are remodeling rooms that are cozy and clean. I called Saturday for a room and asked they turn on my A.C due to my auto ac not working. I walked into our favorite room, cooled. Thanks staff! They also now have breakfast!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
#5 of 10 in Colby
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Colby

Been to Kansas Country Inn? Share your experiences!