“A Dump...”
Review of Knights Inn Oakley

Knights Inn Oakley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Had made reservation as it was Labor Day weekend and didn't want to hazard not finding a place for the night out in the middle of nowhere. When I walked in to register was met by two little kids behind the counter. They just stared at me and giggled. Then the father (?) came out to check me in. The place was a dump and I wouldn't ever stop there again. The continental breakfast they advertised was a joke as it was located in the tiny check in lobby. Had a Danish, grabbed some coffee and hit the road.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dixieyankdr

Reviewed 23 August 2012

It took 15 minutes of ringing the doorbell to get someone to appear at the front desk whether you were checking in or checking out. The items for the breakfast were obviously put out early in the morning and never checked again so there was almost nothing left with an hour left. Facilities were not well maintained and desk clerk had no work ethic.
We remember 6+ years ago when this was a well-maintained Days Inn being managed by an older couple who obviously loved their jobs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SLG91
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We finally decided after 860 miles of driving from Indinapolis that we needed to stop, and Oakley was the place. This place definitely looks like 1960, and has never been updated. It was $58 for the night. The room is pretty big, it smelled odd, like old people, but not bad. The surrounding area driving in from the highway smelled awful but around the hotel was fine. The room didn't have any hand towles, only one washcloth, and the Kleenex were empty. The pool was also green and swampy, but I hadn't planned on swimming anyways. However, there's a fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and a wireless remote for the AC/heat. The beds are decently comfortable.

I was happy for a place to sleep after driving all day and the free breakfast sealed the deal.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We had 2 rooms adjoining on the 1st floor. Travelling w/small dog. The rooms smelled good & were very clean. Not sure what rooms others were reviewing. The exterior is very 60's. But the interior was great. We would stay again. We misjudged our travel time & were not able to swim. The pool looked inviting if we had arrived earlier. The complimentary continental bfast was standard & met our expectations.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We started our trip late in the afternoon from Kansas to Colorado, so we decided
to stop after 4-5 hours (mid of the way) and sleep somewhere. We chose Oakley as it looked a suitable place. When we arrived the smell of some chemical substance
was in the air, quite horrible. The lodge was OK, very basic , clean, we did not smell
inside the room the awful smell from outside. The motel was quite full. The price was
a real bargain $64 per room and the motel is fine if you need urgently somewhere to sleep but if its not that urgent drive a few more miles (20) to the next town and stay there, just because of the smell.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Betina
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I was pushing my luck when I drove through Kansas in late Feb and my luck ran out when they closed the freeway due to weather and I had to spend the night at the next exit. The room reeked of a musky moldy odor , there were bits of food in the microwave from the previous guests, a very visible greasy mark and hair pin on the night stand and even with the heater at full blast, the room was COLD because of all the gaps in the windows and doors. Not only would I not stay here again, I will never ever set foot in any other Econolodge .

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank vagabondaddy
Reviewed 9 July 2007

With all due respect, the Oakley Econolodge is nowhere close to being like any resort I have visited. But it was OK for the low rate that I paid. At say $60 a night, I would have rated it a 2, instead of a 3.

I think they didn't intend to still offer that rate, but it was on the website when I called, and they honored it.

The room was clean, crowded and in average condition. The door to the room was standing open when I checked in at 10PM.

There was a strong livestock odor (pigs, I think) in the area, and I don't believe that many people would have cared to hang out by the pool.

The property could use some landscaping.

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank lighthouselovertoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
Kansas Country Inn
#5 of 10 in Colby
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#3 of 6 in Oakley

Been to Knights Inn Oakley? Share your experiences!