“Cold Trip”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Olathe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We traveled as a family- 2 adults, 2 middle schoolers, 1 elementary age. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a rollaway bed, which worked wonderfully and was far more economical than two adjoining rooms. The room was wonderfully clean and the staff was very accommodating. A great experience and we have already reserved again for 3 more planned visits to KC this year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Olathe. We look forward to having you back on your next visit.
Columbus, NM
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We choose La Quinta whenever possible due to their pet-friendly system, their generally good rooms and generally good breakfast. This particular hotel was as pet-friendly as usual, and the staff went out of their way to get us a room close to an exit door for ease of schlepping a lot of stuff between our car and our room. Kudos to the staff! The room itself, and the associated hallway, looked as though they're about due for remodeling...a little down-at-the-heels compared to most La Quintas. Nonetheless the bed was perfectly comfortable, the room was clean, the linens were very nice. The breakfast was a fair assortment of hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, waffles from waffle makers (my downfall), and a few cereals. It was disappointing that they only had coffee creamer (no actual half-and-half), but that's not a big deal.

I'd have given this hotel 5 stars except for two things: first, the above-mentioned slight signs of wear and tear; second and more importantly, that the smell of cigarette smoke was very strong in our wing and noticeable in our room, although the whole facility is supposed to be smoke-free. I never did figure out where the smoke was coming from, except that it wasn't from just outside the exit. Perhaps the inn only recently went smoke-free, and there was residual odor.

We've stayed there before and will stay there again when we pass through, but it wasn't quite up to La Quinta's usual high standards.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy S
Thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Olathe. We appreciate you taking the time to provide a feedback. We are constantly looking to improve and exceed expectations. We are a 100% smoke free facility, but unfortunately we do have a few guests that smoke in the room and spoil it for the rest. We have planned and are in the process of improving in many areas. We hope to have these completed in the very near future.
Belton,Missouri
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Check in was great thanks to Michelle who was friendly and helpful. There are many features including indoor pool open year round, free coffee all the time in dining area plus breakfast. The room are large with living area comfortable beds, cable tv, and large bathroom. Someone is there at the desk 24hours a day for your needs and security. Had a great stay for 2 days during the latest snow and ice storm.Compared to other hotels in area La Quinta seems to be the best value for all they have to offer. Would stay there again and recommend to others. Thanks for the trouble free and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Take your swim suit great indoor pool for you and children to enjoy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank gslincorp
lqolathe, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
We appreciate the wonderful comments. We welcome you to come and stay with us anytime. Please do not hesitate to call us directly to set up reservations. Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate you very much.
Brazil
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Each time that I travel to KC area I stay at this hotel because its close to a friend's home and several points of interest to me. The hotel is very nice. It was not that old so everything was still very nice. Lobby area and breakfast area were combined and very open and user friendly. My room was a double and nice but a little crowded. With two beds, a chair, a armoir which held the mico and refrig, a desk and a dresser! Overall is is great hotel. Lots of places to eat at with a short drive. And dog friendly!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are glad that we accept pets as well. It has been a wonderful addition to our family. We want you to come back and stay as long as you would like. Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Ive stayed here a few times over the past year. The rooms are fair to Midland. Beds are big. Im not a big fan of pillow tops. If thats your thing, you'll like this.

This last stay was a bit unusual. The cable went ot at 7:30pm. I buried myself in work so it didnt matter. I overheard the room next to me say the cable was out. ( you'll be amazed at what you can hear when no TV is on in a hotel). I called the front desk at 10:00pm asking if it was coming back on tonight. They didnt know it was out. She offered to come up and check it out. I told her if she needed to, she could, but I have been in cable for 33 years....dont think the problem lies here. She came up, picked up the remote, it didnt fix the cable. She did say there was an issue for two weeks or two weeks ago. Asked if i wanted to change rooms, I said no worries, it was late.

She said I would get a rate cut for no cable. I thanked her and called it a night. The cable came on for 30 minutes but went back out. When i woke up, I got the full bill under my door. The cable was still out.....

I left for business without the rate cut. What gets my giddy is when someone tells me I'm getting something, business related, I expect it. I expect the follow through and I expect that I shouldnt have to chase it. If I chase it, that will be the last time.

Other than that, its a room.....service is what i exected...nothing great.

Room Tip: Try to get on the first floor.......you stand a good chance of walking a country mile from the eleva...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
lqolathe, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I do apologize for your cable not working properly. We would be able to adjust you bill accordingly. Please call the hotel directly at 913-254-0111 ext 501 I will be more than happy to assist you with that. We want to make sure every guest has a fantastic stay. Please do not hesitate to give me a call and I will take care of your discount. Thank you again for your business. We would love for you to come back and stay again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 November 2013

For the most part we really enjoyed staying here. Several rooms were booked by various members of my family as we all came in from out of state for a wedding. We had picked this hotel after searching for the options closest to the reception facility and filtering for the hotels with better reviews. La Quinta was more affordably priced than the other hotels nearby with similarly high reviews so that's why it was chosen.

The hotel is very attractive - the outside and inside both are very modern and well-maintained. The check-in staff was very friendly to us and our room was ready for an early check-in.

Our room had 1 king bed. It was a memory foam mattress. My husband thought it was very comfortable, but I guess my personal preference is for something that doesn't settle in beneath where I am and I didn't like it as much.

Our room had a very clean and relatively spacious bathroom, a tiny closet, a mini fridge and microwave hidden away in a cabinet, and a view of the side of the building out the window. Fortunately we didn't come for the view.

My main complaint with the room was that I awoke in the morning to the sounds of the people upstairs opening and closing every single one of their dresser drawers. I could hear every time the water ran through pipes near our bathroom (to the room above or below) and because our room was on the end of a row where the hallway goes around a corner, two of our walls had hallway on the other side making it easy to hear people talking outside. I am sure that is not an easy fix, but it was the biggest bother to me during our stay.

La Quinta does offer complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is just the basic, usual fare, but the area is well maintained and a staff member was actively monitoring the food supply, and cleaning the counter area.

We did not use the fitness center or pool during our stay. They both appeared to be easily accessible and nicely appointed, though the hot tub area of the pool was extremely small.

The hotel is in a very convenient location. It is right off the interstate and across the parking lot from a mall. It was easy to find and worked well for our group.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We loved having your group stay with us. Thank you very much for staying at La Quinta in Olathe. We would be available in the event you have any other family functions. Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again.