“La Quinta Inn & Suites”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
ELGIN, United States
“La Quinta Inn & Suites”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have enjoyed every minute of my stay here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites. As a new member I will refer this hotel to all my business colleagues, family and friends. The Staff has been incredible from the beginning to the end. They actually made me feel like royalty, more so than the previous hotels I frequent. I just hope that the La Quinta in back in my home state is as wonderful as this one in Olathe, Ks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel is new and clean. Staff are very courteous and friendly. Room was large and spacious. Beds seemed a bit too firm but it wasn't a huge issue for us. Breakfast was ample. Pool and hot tub were nice. Overall a great property and a good value. The fact that dogs are allowed to stay for free makes a huge difference for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Olathe. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your small pets are always welcome with us.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We recently stayed at the LaQuinta Inn in Olathe. The hotel staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Kids loved the indoor pool. We did not have our pet but we did see a few people with their dogs around the hotel. Overall the stay was good. The mall behind the hotel was a disappointment though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We are so happy that you stayed with us and that your stay was pleasant. Thank you and we look forward to having you back again.
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Exterior property /parking:

- Parking seemed to have ample lighting but no security cameras were seen and there are lots of places that someone could potentially break into a vehicle with little worry of being caught.
- Exterior has the nicest appeal of other motels in the area. If people would not bring in large vehicles that take up multiple stalls parking would not be such an issue. A mall is present adjacent to the property but signs posted advise no overnight parking and that vehicles will be towed at the owners expense. Needless to say the issue was not tested.

Interior / Rooms:

- Updated with relaxing neutral tones, no clashing red walls with green sheets etc.
- TV's are on the small size. Maybe 30” and look disproportional to the room size. I had to move some furniture around to see the small text on the TV in the morning.
- The views on the second floor sucked. I had a lovely view of the roof to the swimming pole which I did not even get to enjoy.
- Wifi signal was strong and easy to connect.
- Towel rack was not level and the shower rod was way to far back in the tub. Felt like I was being pushed against the wall to avoid sticking to the plastic curtain.
- The AC in our room I believe needed some service. The fan function would not operate correctly unless the unit was turned completely off. If fan constant on was selected it would run until the compressor turned off and then revert to auto, thus shutting off the fan. Ended up sleeping with a window ajar to keep the room cool and allow the fan to run to drown out the noise.
- Pool - Check in on day one was past hours (can live with it). Day two a sign was posted pool closed (maybe related to a wedding party but do I care? (No). Day three a bus came in and the pool was open. There were so many people and no where to even swim. The hot tub will accommodate two adults at best.
- Walls must be thin. I swear night one I could hear 80% of a normal conversation. Morning two I could even hear what news was going on before I turned on my TV.
- No exhaust fans in the bathrooms. Poops linger and if you take a hot shower be prepared for some cool down time to cut through the steam on the mirrors.
- I have confirmed there are Tempurpedic beds in the room. However, they are the firmest Tempurpedic beds I ever slept on. Seriously I did not know they came that firm as an option. I did not wake up with sharp pains as in other motels but these are no wear near generation one mattresses.
- Only a single elevator services the entire three story motel and it's slow. Be prepared to cram in or wait awhile if it's full.

Food accommodations:

- Vending machines on each floor are reasonably priced and not excessive.
- Breakfast, don't count on it! First day breakfast choice was two pieces of toast or a bagel. - Cereal with no milk available and notes that the coffee and juice machine were not working. McDonalds was down the road and a life saver.
- Day two I found a waffle machine but discovered quickly after getting it going the timer was broke. I had to babysit it to ensure I did not burn the waffle. I was fortunate enough to have a choice of one yogurt. I saw some gravy but there was nothing in the hot bar. Apparently at some point eggs and biscuits were put out but 7am must be to late to enjoy this. Talked with several folks who complained the coffee was watered way down. There cup looked like someone threw a teaspoon of dirt into a cup of water. Two guys told me the coffee makers in their rooms did not even work.
- Day three I did not even try for breakfast. Just totally checked out and left. There is a phone quick check out option. I elected to check out by dropping the card off in person. Thought that was going to be a mistake. It took a laundry worker to track down someone in a back room after several minutes before everything was taken care of.

Overall Impressions:

If you have someone at the Olathe Medical Center and looking for a place to stay you may consider this motel. I don't think I would go out of my way to recommend the motel but I've certainly can say I've stayed in a lot worse motels (but they were a lot cheaper too). For the price I think it's on the high side for the accommodations present and the overal condition of things observed during my stay. There is not much in the immediate vicinity other than a few restaurants, an aged mall that I'm sure at one time was happening but now is mostly vacant, and gas station but it is quick access to 35 highway if you have business in the KC Metro area.

I'm not chopping at the block ready to go back. By talking to other patrons who apparently frequent La Quinta Inn motels I am told this motel leaves something more to be desired but I think thus far if a Marriott is near my destination I would default to in instead just based on my experience at this motel. My advice is stay off floor two unless you like views off the roofs on the property.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor unless you love views of the roof. Noise resonates in this motel. I'd rec...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeremy T
We appreciate your feedback and review of the LaQuinta Inn and Suites, Olathe KS. This hotel has transitioned to a new management company. As part of the transition we had already planned to upgrage / improve most of your concerns.

We hope that you can visit with us in the near future after we have completed our improvements. Thank you.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We chose La Quinta because it had claimed to be pet friendly. I had arranged for our reservation, stating clearly that we had a dog, at least ten days earlier. We are placed on the second floor farthest from the exit. NOT pet friendly. In addition to that, there were signs on the ice machine, soda machine, and cranberry juice machine. Sorry, not working. It does not appear that this La Quinta is making efforts to keep up to expected standards.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.
We strive to accommodate every guest with their specific requirement, and in this case we had an oversight, for which I apologize. We are 100% pet friendly hotel and will keep accommodating small pets with no charge. This hotel recently transitioned to a new management company. We have replaced the coffee machine, juice machine and the ice machine with new and more improved models.

GM