“A delightful KC experience”
Review of Hampton Inn Olathe

Hampton Inn Olathe
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“A delightful KC experience”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I knew the Hampton Inn in Olathe, KS, would be okay. But I was blown away by the wonderful attitude of the staff, the extensive breakfast in the special dining room, and the comfy, luxurious bedding. The equipment in the exercise room was top notch and the internet and TV service was above average. I really felt like an honored guest!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
chicago, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

good hotel, me and my family really enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn the breakfast were really nice with a lot of variety. although the internet connection was not working as well as we would have liked.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Overall good stay. This hotel is clean and very welcoming, upon entering the lobby. During my visit the front office staff was very very nice. Very helpful and smiling the entire time. I travel every week and stay at Hampton Inn properties all over the country and this location by far, had the friendlyest staff. What a great way to start the week being away from home. Thank you. If you are a health freak like me, the gym is terrible, however you can go to the Hilton Garden Inn across the street or you can get a pass from the Hilton Garden for a local gym close by. Nice option to have.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Ballwin, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had never stayed at this location before and sometimes Hampton Inns can be hit and miss, but this one was outstanding all around. Very clean, courteous staff. Convenient food nearby and within walking distance. Would stay again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've stayed in several Hampton inns and much about them is the same: fresh clean beds, rooms and bathroom clean, complimentary breakfast, etc. These were things that are different that I really liked:

I liked that there was a separate breakfast room instead of just at the back of the lobby. This isn't a big deal but now that I've seen it set up differently, I like it! Big room, plenty of seating, variety of chairs, and several counters to spread things out on. I also liked there were no notes in the room asking for tips for the housekeeping staff. I've been in some hot tubs that were two dang hot to enjoy. This one was very hot, but not too hot and it was relaxing to sit in.

The hotel looks well taken care of. I reported a couple of minor issues in my room....shower head and toilet paper holder needed tightening....and those issues were taken care of in a matter of a few hours.

The only thing I didn't like was the parking. Most days it was great. However when the hotel was full, all of the parking spots were full. When I checked in at 3:00 a.m. (Delayed flight) on a Sunday morning, there weren't any available parking spots. The clerk said I should go to their overflow parking..down the street but connected to the hotels parking lot by stairs. I am a woman and said I wasn't comfortable parking far away from the hotel in the middle of the night and negotiating steps with my bags....it just didn't sound safe. The clerk brushed off my concerns saying "there's no crime here" and offered no other solutions. I asked if I could just leave my car at the front door as 2 other cars had already done (you couldn't even drive thru their overhang) but he said no. When asked why there were cars there he said they didn't ask permission, they just did it. I also asked about parking in a handicapped spot ( I was actually being put in a handicapped room) but he said I might get a ticket if a did. It was frustrating and I got no help from this clerk.

This conundrum could have been avoided completely if the hotel didn't let more than one parking spot taken up per room. Several guests were taking multiple spots with moving trucks, towing a trailer, or driving a sports car that they wanted to make sure no one parked too close to. I think those are the ones that should be asked to park in the overflow lot...they could have all the room they wanted.

Room Tip: The hotel is shaped like a T with the top of the T being the front of the hotel. There are a few par...
Lincoln, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. They were having computer issues, but were able to check me in in a timely manner in spite of the computer not wanting to cooperate. The breakfast each morning was very nice and had hot and cold options.

New Castle, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very clean and very comfortable. However, also very expensive!! Good location. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Easy access to I-35. Room had refrigerator and microwave so made it very convenient for travelers. Weather was nasty so we ate in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple