“What's going on?”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We went here for dinner. When we arrived we were told it would be a 15-20 min wait. There were two tables ahead of us to be seated. Ordinarily this would have been okay, but while we were waiting we noticed there were at least 27 empty tables. Really? We left.

1  Thank Ramona D
There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had looked forward to eating at Joe's Crab Shack on Wednesday, May 28th. I was met by a nice young lady who seated me at a booth large enough for a slender woman, of which I am neither. When asked, I was courtiously seated at a table. I understand this is a seafood restaurant, but the smell of something other than cooking shellfish was pretty strong.
When I got my meal, the Traditional Pot, it was much smaller than pictured on the menu, and it didn't have much if any seasoning. Pretty bland when you have to salt seafood to get it to have some flavor. I'm disappointed for the quality at the price. There are a number of other restaurants within walking distance that would make a better choice.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We go here on special occasions as total bill gets pretty expensive. However, when I want a good seafood meal, that's wher I go. The crab pots are wonderful.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

So disappointed in our dinner this afternoon. There were very few customers, but service was very slow. When food arrived, the two Shrimp Trio plates were lukewarm. When the waitress was asked if the food had been sitting for awhile, she offered to get a fresh plate. When the second plate was delivered, the coconut shrimp were delicious, the grilled shrimp tasted as if they were reheated from the lunch meal, and the broccoli was not hot, but warm.

The booth had crumbs on the seat when we were seated. For the price of the meals, we expected food to be high quality, served promptly and of the correct temperature. We will not be returning in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Went for some seafood. Welcomed at the door and they said it would be 5 minutes … 5 min turned into 15 and when I asked how much longer they said the manager said not to sit any other guest because they were backed up in the kitchen. They didn't have enough staff to be open that night. So we left the building!!!