“My Days Inn experience is consistent with what I could have...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Olathe Medical Center

Days Inn Olathe Medical Center
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Olathe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

First off, credit where credit is due: Room was very clean, bed was comfortable and linens were in good repair. Lots of hot water with great pressure. Flat screen TV and mini fridge/micro. Timothy Sanchez at the front desk went out of his way to make things right which meant a lot because after two days of hard driving I arrived late & very tired. Local police were making some sort of report by the front entrance which was a little unsettling and had I not already secured the room with a credit card I probably would have gone somewhere else because frankly that is a deal breaker for me when traveling solo. But my husband and I stayed here last fall and everything was fine so I told myself even the nicest of hotels can have occasion to call law enforcement and proceeded to check in, too tired to try to get a refund, etc. One of the officers held the lobby door open for me which was nice because it's hard to get a loaded cart through doors that are not automatic. Made my reservation online through Days Inn website, advising I was traveling with a service animal & had requested a ground floor room. When I called the motel directly to inform the front desk I would be arriving late, I was told all their ground floor rooms were unavailable. Oddly when I got there I saw only 4 cars in the parking lot, one of which was mine. Weird vibe. Luggage cart was unwieldy and my suitcase fell off in the lobby. Made my way to the elevator & to my room which was around a corner & down a hall only to find out the key didn't work. Timothy brought up another which didn't work either & even offered to place me in a similar room on the 3rd floor; ultimately he gave me his "official" passkey till assistant mgr Stephanie arrived in the morning. Rob was very helpful at check out, reversing the pet fee charged for my Certified & Registered Service Animal. There are other motels in the immediate vicinity and this one is definitely priced right but even so, I'm kind of on the fence. Would probably give them another chance but only if the parking lot seemed OK at check in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business