Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Holiday Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Beautiful hotel!! Friendly staff. Clean, nice smelling rooms. Great breakfast are, pool, hot tub, exercise room.

Room Tip: Ask them not to put everyone in the same area. Doors slammed hard.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Colene M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Upon entering the lobby of this hotel, I was taken aback - it was awesome! It had a huge lobby with a managers reception M-Th evening with beer, wine, sodas and finger foods.
The heated pool was perfect - not too hot, good sized, towels and bathrooms close by also.
The rooms were huge with a small couch, frig, micro. and a little divider separating it from the beds. The beds were very comfortable and the room very clean.
We did have a problem with the frig. being noisy. The maintenance man said it was the motor and they were all like that so we had to turn the air on to drown out the noise. We also had trouble with people above us walking really heavy but that was only one night and another night there were children in the room next to us and you could hear them running.
The also have a nice laundry facility on property and several restaurants nearby, although we ordered subs from Jimmy Johns twice because they were so prompt.
All the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and plentiful. It was an awesome experience and I hated to leave when the 4 days were up!

Room Tip: Just by looking, I don't think they really have any bad rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travelinggrandma001
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

This property is very clean and well kept. It is conveniently located near a major interstate and is just removed from a main commercial thoroughfare in Olathe. Several restaurants within walking distance and many choices a short drive away. Benny in the sales department was especially helpful when we reserved this hotel for our group of families. The front desk staff both at night and during the day were very attentive. The decorative motif is very western, is very colorful and lends to the overall comfortable feel of the hotel. There is a pullout loveseat in the rooms which makes into a twin bed that was actually quite comfortable for a pull out. We will absolutely utilize this property again when we return to the area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms on the back of the property are quiet and convenient to the side entry.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KIR44
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

the hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel has a deep western theme, which is very classy and nice. The happy hour snacks and drinks were great. thanks to the staff

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank chris_lawhorn
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I had a reservation at another Comfort Inn that was closer to where I was doing business in Overland Park and they had a huge power outage. As a single female traveler, it was distressing that the other property didn't have the proper emergency lighting powered by a generator and their systems were down due to the outage.

I remembered this Comfort Suites hotel off I-35 in Olathe and called. The manager Patrick, was very kind to accommodate me and honor the rate I had at the other KC area hotel and set up a room for me....I was already late for a dinner and would be late checking in at that point.

I walked in the lobby later that evening and was floored ....this hotel looks like a SW resort when you walk in. Really cozy with big cushy chairs and a SW motif everywhere. The desk clerk was setting up the non-perishable part of what was going to be breakfast the next day. My room was very nice and the bedding was set up like you would have in a 5 star resort, a desk with a power strip (just what this business traveler needed with my laptop, phone and headset chargers), a big screen TV and a nice fridge and coffee set up. If you have kids, there is in indoor pool and hot tub, although I didn't use it, it looked like a nice set up for a weekend away. The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants too. I own vacation rental property and am fussy about how things should be..... for a mid-level hotel, they provided 5 star service and a high level of cleanliness and setup.

The staff was very friendly and talked to you like you were family. I come back to KC twice a year and I will definitely stay here again. Stacey G.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SkiGalCO
Ponca City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

First let me state that I am not a smoker so it is very important to me when a hotel says nonsmoking it means the rooms don't smell like smoke. I had reserved two rooms for myself and my daughters family. She had to change rooms after the first night because the smell of smoke was just too much. When we asked the front desk they said all the rooms on the top floor had been smoking but they had cleaned them, although they said they did not change the mattress. She could have moved to a lower floor but really wanted a view other than the parking lot. There was loud construction out front but we didn't really hear it in our rooms. The front desk was nice enough, no kudos though, and the food was good. I did read that they served Krispy Kreme but no such luck. We wouldn't stay there again, but if you don't have a problem with smelling smoke while you sleep or you don't mind sleeping on a lower floor, than you might be okay here. We actually changed hotels mid trip to Kansas City.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank PCtravelers
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My wife and I have enjoyed many past stays and always felt it was a value. But the hotel is beginning to show its age. I enjoy the in room whirlpool suites but the first room we were given smelled so bad we could not stay in it and even though we were quickly moved this room also had a strong mold oder. Other parts of the room also were showing there age like the bed. I haven't given up on them yet but hopefully they will do some updating VERY SLOW ELEVATOR

Room Tip: call direct to hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple