DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Owasso, United States
“Good Times”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Price was pretty reasonable.. Pool room was a bit cold but the water was very comfortable.. room was standard although a little updating wouldn't hurt.. the breakfast for my whole family was only an extra $8 and it was the best hotel breakfast I've had.. fitness room was also one of the best I've seen/used as well

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for all the great comments! We enjoy hearing all of the positive stays encountered by our guests. Thank you also for letting us know about the pool temperature. We have let engineering know. Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a short night during a road trip, but the experience was very enjoyable. Our family of 10 stayed in 3 of the rooms and everyone commented that their room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids really enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the adults enjoyed the bar atmosphere. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

What a great review! Thank you for the 5 star rating! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to you traveling with your family again to the Overland Park area! We'd be happy to welcome you again in the future! Thanks again!
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This property is conveniently located to most of Johnson County --- which seems like a plus. If sheer location is all that matters to you, it's a safe choice. Otherwise --- are you looking for noise from construction, noise from nearby freeways, and noise from crowds of guests? This place has that --- and more (noise). It's a frequent hotel choice (surprisingly so) for hordes of soccer players and other visiting sports teams. It ends up being a crowded, noisy place --- attractive to some --- but be warned --- if you don't love crowds and noise and bedlam --- stay away.

Room Tip: Absolutely no science to the rooms here. You can get noise and bedlam on any floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the comments. In regards to the noise, we are located close to the Overland Park Soccer Complex which does make it convenient for the weekend soccer traveler to stay with us and be able to stay close to their game locations. Sometimes it doesn't always work to the leisure traveler's advantage but we always do our best to accommodate those by trying to place them in a more quiet location. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future under a better experience and stay. Thanks again!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I can remember this property when I was a kid growing up in KC and I don't think they have done much to it since then. The client booked me into it so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I can usually tell a lot about the property by the parking lot, and this one was falling apart (more on that later). The spray some nasty smelling strawberry scent in the entry so hold your breath. The hotel clerk was very nice but the lobby is dated. She had a hard time finding me a clean room at 3:30 in the afternoon so she put me in a corner room on the Hilton Honors floor. Not sure what that gets you. When I got to the room, more of the same dating. The view from the room was a tailings pile by the interstate. The handle had fallen off the hot water faucet and the shower tile was old and had been calked numerous times. Toilet continued to run after flushing so I had to jiggle the handle. Decent size room, but older furniture. Who picked out those lamps?

Breakfast was good, but don't get there right at 6:30 when they open or they won't be ready. Server was very nice. $20 for the buffet is too much to me but it's pretty standard.

The place is very convenient, and for the money not a bad value if you don't mind the overall age of the property. And oh yes, someone tried to break in to my car overnight (and I didn't have anything in the car) so be forewarned.

Room Tip: Sits right on the interstate so I doubt one romm is different from the other.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not where it should be or was in comparison to your prior stays. We are continuously working on maintaining and updating our property. We always appreciate the feedback as it helps us for the future.
Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.
Overland Park, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I travel to Olathe on a quarterly basis for business with my company. My visit to your hotel was exceptional! Reservations staff were awesome p very helpful. Actually worth their weight in gold. Can't wait to come back... Thanks, Tom

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Tom,
Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate your rating and we always enjoy reading our positive comments! We look forward to your return! Happy Thanksgiving!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The event that I was attending was at the hotel where I stayed. Very convenient. It was a hassle at first with the toilet running and then the ceiling almost falling on my head. They moved our room so that was a bit of an ordeal. The business meeting was set up nice and good service. Food was good also.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for the great rating on your review! We appreciate your kind words and your willingness to let us help fix the problems. We have made sure to take care of the issues so it wouldn't happen again. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very nice place. The room service for meals and the maintenance folks (for a tv that went haywire) was speedy and excellent. I was very impressed with the clean carpets - I don't see that most places. Could use some updating and not so much chlorine in the pool. Nice bar and restaurant off the lobby. Enjoyed my stay during a tiring week-long business trip. All of my requests (no housekeeping) were honored. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit to Overland Park!