DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was nice and clean and all the staff was very accomodating and friendly. The breakfast buffet was awesome and very fresh. The maids did a very good job of cleaning each day and the pool always had fresh towels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

It's not always that we get a great response, none the less we value every response and take it seriously. I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I thank you for the kind words.

I hope that we can continue to provide you with great service. If you have any questions or suggestions in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for the front office manager.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Reserved a handicapped accessible room for my wedding night. On arrival, clerk acknowledged my having made the room reservation as handicapped accessible, but that the room was no longer available. (I'm certain my room was given to someone else.) The room I was given had a bathroom entryway so narrow I couldn't even get in with my assistive device. Can't believe the attitude of disrespect shown towards people with disabilities. Keep your cookies, Doubletree!! Never again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights.

First check-in was extremely slow, not their fault everyone showed up at one time.

My first impression of our room was that it smelled like it had been smoked in before. It was just not fresh. Due to the hotel being extremely busy, I turned up the air hoping that circulation would help, rather than complain and have to wait for another room. That seemed to help or at least I got used to it.

We got a room with double beds and they seemed extra tiny. The bathroom was ok. The room was clean. At night though there was a lot of light coming from around the door from the hallway. There was a lot of noise coming from the hallway too. We were on the third floor.

Breakfast was great. The omelets were delicious. The croissants were very good too.

I didn't use the gym bit it actually looked really nice and private. The walking trail outside is not really a trail, it's about a tenth of a mile.

Hotel location is convenient for highway access.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations, especially during the check in process. Your satisfaction is important to us and we value your feedback. So you know our property is 100% smoke free, but sometimes people neglect the signage and do it anyway. We will be using the feedback you have provided us to make improvements and ensure we offer an exceptional experience for you and any of our future guests.

I hope you consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a better experience. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for the front office manager.

FOM

Reviewed 14 June 2014

get your room first as they will not save for late arrival even though you have made reservations in advance you are not important unless your first and then you can get what you want. Breakfast is great and a wide variety ask for Reva and she will take care of you and make it right Chef David is a great cook

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your stay. It is our goal to ensure that each guest has a pleasant stay. It saddens me, that you feel we do not care about you after a most of our check ins are complete. This is not the image I nor any one at this hotel would like to portray or be known for. As a department head, it is my duty to fix this and I have shared your feedback not only with all our front desk staff but also with management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, I want to thank you for your time and valuable feedback. I sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a much hiigher standard of service and accommodations on your next visit to Overland Park, Kansas. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call and be sure to ask for the Front office manager.

Kind Regards,
FOM

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference I was attending at the location. Had numerous issues in the booking process- was told they were sold out for one night only to find out they were sold out of King rooms. Room was very lackluster- needs updating, to include a fridge and free WiFi. My colleague had a horrible incident with her room flooding and her belongings being moved without any notice to her. I guess I expected a bit more customer service and updated decor for a Doubletree.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is over priced for what you receive. The rooms are extremely small and there isn't a area to heat or cool any type of food or beverage. You would think if you are paying roughly $200 a night that there would be a small refrigerator or a lobby area with that available to guest, but there isn't. Everything was an average room. Sleep INN or Comfort INN rooms are just as nice or matter of fact they are nicer than this room was and you pay way less also you get complimentary breakfast at those hotels, where here of course you don't receive anything for free but you pay an arm and a leg to even stay there.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

was not satisfied because wifi was not free. It is usually free at most hotels, but was expensive at this hotel. More focus is put on a warm cookie instead of wifi internet. The hotel overall was fine and the breakfast was fine, but in todays world it is important to be connected. The price of the hotel was not inexpensive so it should be relatively easy to provide a service which will enhance the guest stay at the hotel.