“Wonderful hotel in Overland”

Marriott Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for a conference and was very pleased with the room and the conference rooms. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and tidy. Conference rooms were spacious and catered food was delicious. Some of the best hotel food I have ever had! Would stay here again if in the area. Only negative was our fridge would not get cold no matter what we did.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for being our guest! All of our mattresses were recently replaced, I'm so glad you had a comfortable night rest. We offer coolers in our guest rooms which will allow food and beverage to remain cool, but does not work as a refrigerator to cool items. If you return to the hotel, please ask and we will be happy to deliver a refrigerator to your room. All the best,

There are newer reviews for Marriott Kansas City Overland Park

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We frequent this hotel on visits to KC. It's a well kept property with friendly employees and nice rooms. Weekend rates are excellent especially when adding breakfast for a few additional dollars. The breakfasts are very nice and servers very personable. Great location with easy access to freeway.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide nice views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for being our guest. I am so pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and the service your received. Our servers and omelet chef have all benn with the company for over 10 years each!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The staff at this hotel are outstanding! Always courteous. The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. I had asked for a quiet room, knowing we had early morning events scheduled. The hotel gave us a very quiet room. Slept soundly and comfortably all weekend! This is rarely the case when I travel! The Concierge Lounge for Marriott Rewards Patrons is one of the best! Good Food, Large enough, and great staff! This will be our place to stay when in the area!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments about our staff. They truly enjoy serving guests who are visiting the area. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott for Valentine's Day to get away for an evening.

The front desk staff was friendly, but when we arrived at our room, it smelled bad - stale and chemical-like. My husband took a shower before dinner, only to find that there were no bath towels in the bathroom! I had to go down to the front desk to ask for towels. Not a huge deal, but one would expect the room to be ready for guests.

Additionally, there must have been several youth sports teams staying at the hotel, because there were children running up and down the halls/elevators until midnight, playing tag. Our room had some of the worst sound-proofing we have ever experienced in a hotel room. Neither of us could sleep due to the noise. We also planned to use the pool/hot tub, but it was over-run with the sports teams. It did not make for a relaxing or enjoyable Valentine's evening.

The beds were comfortable, but the sheets smelled strongly of chemicals. Also, the bathrooms are quite small. One must maneuver around the door and the toilet in order to get in the shower. We expected more for a Marriott and we would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

In summary...
The GOOD: Nice staff, comfortable bed
The BAD: Room smelled, no bath towels, thin walls/loud, tiny bathrooms

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so very much for your feedback. When a guest checks into a Marriott hotel they expect quality service and accomodations. Please accept my sincere apology for our failure to provide you with a quality room that was fully stocked. This is truly the exception, not the norm for our hotel. None-the-less you were negatively impacted on a very important weekend get away and for that I am truly sorry.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I arrived before check in time and just wanted to leave my bag there for the day and check in at the proper time, instead they had the room ready and let me check in a few hours early. In addition, the ladies who work the executive lounge go above and beyond. The room was neat and clean along with a comfortable bed. Definitely a good stay and recommend.

Room Tip: If you don't like even a little noise, get a room away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to hosting you again in Overland Park.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Two of the best I have ever experienced are at this hotel, Judy and Di. Make you feel at home. They remember you and what you like no matter how long you have been away. I stay at this hotel just because of them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Sir, thank you for your kind remarks about Di and Judy. I couldn't agree more, these two ladies are true gems!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I am a gold member with Marriott, so I know the brand very well. I can honestly say this is among the top Marriotts where I stay. I chalk it up to several factors - the hotel room safe, the quality of the staff and service, and the on site Starbucks! Let's start with the room safe; I can leave my iPad, my company laptop, and other valuables in the safe when I leave the room and have peace of mind. No longer do I have to lug them everywhere or find somewhere to "hide" them in the room. Why doesn't every Marriott install them? Secondly, the quality of the staff and service. I've stayed here on 3 or 4 occasions in the last 3 months, and the staff recognizes me. (Love those cookies on the evening check in too!) On my previous trip, I left just enough time to get to the airport. When I went outside in the frigid air and the raging winds, I found the battery on the car had died. The hotel enginner jumped the battery for me, and I made my flight. I had pulled out my AAA card so that I could call for service (before I knew the hotel would jump start the car), but I dropped in the the lobby. By the time I had returned home, I had a phone call informing me they located it and had tucked it safely into their safe. They offered to mail it to me, but I simply picked it up on the next trip. Lastly, the Starbucks. I can feed my habit without leaving the hotel. What a nice treat. They also have a Japanese restaurant, complete with a hibachi grill, on site. Oh, how could I forget the concerige lounge. The staff are friendly, recognize me and always speak, and the quality of the food is a notch above my experience at other Marriotts. All in all, this is among the best Marriott experiences I've had. Congrats to the General Manager. The team's hard work shows.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevator. In the quiet of the evening, you will hear the elevator shaft goi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GardeningFiend
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

You made my day! Thank you for sharing your experience with me...I will share it with our associates as well as they will enjoy hearing your story! We look forward to your return trip.