“Beautiful rooms and great customer service”

Marriott Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Saint Louis, MO
“Beautiful rooms and great customer service”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday for my 11 year old son's soccer tournament. Check in was a breeze and the girl at the front desk was so professional and friendly. The were cookies out to welcome us. The room was just the right size for a family of four. It was clean and the decor very pleasing. There is a charge for wi fi inside the room. This non complimentary service was greatly missed. Shotty wi fi was available free in the lobby. The breakfast only consisted of runny scrambled eggs with toppings, fruit, oatmeal, biscuits, and small muffins. There should be protein offered as most of the hotel consisted of boys participating in a soccer tournament. My 11 year old chose to only eat a few oranges and we had to supplement with outside food. My 15 year old daughter loved having a Starbucks in the lobby. This was a close location to the tournament. We also drove to the large mall between games.

Stayed April 2014
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your soccer tournament in Overland Park. Many guest love our Full service Starbucks, it helps get the morning started right! Please accept my apology that the tournament arranged complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. We look forward to hosting you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here, and it was a wonderful experience. Very clean, very polite and helpful staff. We ordered room service and the food was delicious. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean. The bar was convenient; drinks are a little pricey compared to other bars but all I did was get one drink for a nightcap and I was able to take it back to my room, so I can't complain. Beds were like sleeping in a cloud. We also did the stay for breakfast option, which was worth the extra 15 we paid, lots of hot food, including a make your own omelette deal. The only drawback to this hotel that I could find was that they charge for Wi-Fi, when most others don't.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you for your post and the positive comments about our hotel! We look forward to welcoming your family back again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband was on a business trip in Kansas and we stayed at this hotel. They greeted us at the door when we arrived and everyone was very friendly and accommodating. There is a Starbucks inside of this hotel where you can go and hang out and their lobby has several chairs where you can sit comfortably as well. The rooms themselves were very nice and the bathrooms have wonderful soaps and lotions. My only complaint would be that we had 2 full size beds instead of our normal King. I guess that was because they were booked- it is a very popular hotel. I ended up sleeping in the other bed since the full size was not quite big enough for the two of us. The food in this hotel is Excellent! We had concierge service and the ladies that work up there are so nice and helpful and the food...can you say- Wow?! It was really good and flavorful and they made it all in their restaurant downstairs. I would stay again but make sure we got a bigger bed!

Room Tip: Small refrigerators in the room. Very clean, but try to get a King sized bed if you are a couple.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for being our guest! Our full service Starbucks is always a big hit and super convenient. I will share your positive comments about our food with the chef!
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is great i stayed in a suite during a company convention in overland, i shared this room with some other people and it was simple yet elegant big and a nice tv. The downstairs lobby is where its at they have an amazing restaurant that is seperate from the marriot also a great bar in the lobby. My favourite part was the lemon water downstairs that was always refilled and tasted great.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for being our guest and for the wonderful comments. We look forward to hosting you again!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I am an elite Marriott member and travel frequently for work. This hotel has been completely updated and was so nice! I was there the second week of February. The lobby and bar area is very modern and open. The experience started at the front desk with exceptional service. I believe Amber was the one who checked me in and was so friendly, and helpful! I arrived early and she was able to get me in a room at the end of the hall, which was nice and quiet.

There is a Starbucks right in the hotel and a cool Japanese Steakhouse/Hibachi restaurant as well. My room was very nice with all upgraded amenities and a comfortable bed. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the bathroom is a little tight. Since this is an older hotel, they can't change the layout of how the bathrooms were originally designed. The door was close to the toilet, which was right next to the shower.

The food that is available at the bar is very good. You can also order from that same menu in your room! The workout room was actually a decent size for a hotel, with modern equipment. I like that you have to have your room key to get in there. Most of the food served in the concierge lounge was decent. The staff working there was very friendly as well.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time I am in the Overland Park area. My first time there, which was about two months before this past trip, I stayed at a different hotel in the area. I liked this hotel much better!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room on a high floor and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words about Amber and our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return trip.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for a conference and was very pleased with the room and the conference rooms. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and tidy. Conference rooms were spacious and catered food was delicious. Some of the best hotel food I have ever had! Would stay here again if in the area. Only negative was our fridge would not get cold no matter what we did.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for being our guest! All of our mattresses were recently replaced, I'm so glad you had a comfortable night rest. We offer coolers in our guest rooms which will allow food and beverage to remain cool, but does not work as a refrigerator to cool items. If you return to the hotel, please ask and we will be happy to deliver a refrigerator to your room. All the best,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We frequent this hotel on visits to KC. It's a well kept property with friendly employees and nice rooms. Weekend rates are excellent especially when adding breakfast for a few additional dollars. The breakfasts are very nice and servers very personable. Great location with easy access to freeway.

Room Tip: Upper floors provide nice views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I am so pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and the service your received. Our servers and omelet chef have all benn with the company for over 10 years each!