“Nice property, wonderful b-fast”

Marriott Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Property was very nice. Over run by sports teams when we arrived. They managed to find us a quiet room anyway. Breakfast buffet was wonderful. Friendly staff. Breakfast special was great value. You do have to pay for wifi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thanks for being our guest and recognizing our staff and the quality of our breakfast buffet...it is very good with a great variety. Next time you visit please know that wi-fi is complimentary in the lobby!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel was great but I would like to focus this review on the staff.

We were on a road trip across country... Milwaukee to L.A. The Marriott Overland Park Kansas was our first over night stop.

The next afternoon, just outside of Amarillo, I received a phone call from Marriott. Some how while packing my bag I left my iPad on the desk in our room. I was speechless and absolutely floored by the honesty of the housekeeping staff who turned it in. The front desk called me, obviously I was too far away to drive back to get it so they sent it to my home. It arrived in perfect condition via FedEx.

Even if this hotel was mediocre ( which it is NOT ), I would return. This week long drive could have started on the wrong foot. The honesty and customer service from this hotel helped to make it a great trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JCKEW54

Thank you for staying with us on your cross-country trip and recognizing our housekeeping host. We have a wonderful team and it our pleasure to be of service to you. Your trip sounds awesome...I hope you had a great time!

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

A while ago the lobby and bar have been redone and since then this is my favorite hotel in the Kansas overland park area. Good atmosphere in the bar area, nice craft beer selection and one of the best BBQ ribs around. Ans as usual in a marriott hotel great bed and pillows. Friendly service. The inhouse starbucks ia an added perk.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your post. We recently replaced all of our mattresses so I am happy to learn you had a restful stay! Thanks for recognizing our ribs...they really are great!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I haven't stayed in a Marriott for a while since I mostly stay in SPG or Hhonors affiliated hotels but I had a free awards night and used it in conjunction with a trip to Overland Park for my child's sporting event. I was very impressed with the Marriott in Overland Park. The hotel customer services people were great and got us checked in quickly.

Our room was on a high floor and was very comfortable double bed with a desk. I'm not a fan of down pillows but the beds were the best I've slept in away from home. The lobby and "great room" was very lively and the Starbucks just off the lobby was a welcome sight.

+1 to this Marriott

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for recognizing our service team, they truly make this hotel special! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the M I Greatroom, our menu features many housemade and local items...and yes the ribs are great!

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday for my 11 year old son's soccer tournament. Check in was a breeze and the girl at the front desk was so professional and friendly. The were cookies out to welcome us. The room was just the right size for a family of four. It was clean and the decor very pleasing. There is a charge for wi fi inside the room. This non complimentary service was greatly missed. Shotty wi fi was available free in the lobby. The breakfast only consisted of runny scrambled eggs with toppings, fruit, oatmeal, biscuits, and small muffins. There should be protein offered as most of the hotel consisted of boys participating in a soccer tournament. My 11 year old chose to only eat a few oranges and we had to supplement with outside food. My 15 year old daughter loved having a Starbucks in the lobby. This was a close location to the tournament. We also drove to the large mall between games.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for staying with us during your soccer tournament in Overland Park. Many guest love our Full service Starbucks, it helps get the morning started right! Please accept my apology that the tournament arranged complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here, and it was a wonderful experience. Very clean, very polite and helpful staff. We ordered room service and the food was delicious. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean. The bar was convenient; drinks are a little pricey compared to other bars but all I did was get one drink for a nightcap and I was able to take it back to my room, so I can't complain. Beds were like sleeping in a cloud. We also did the stay for breakfast option, which was worth the extra 15 we paid, lots of hot food, including a make your own omelette deal. The only drawback to this hotel that I could find was that they charge for Wi-Fi, when most others don't.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for your post and the positive comments about our hotel! We look forward to welcoming your family back again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband was on a business trip in Kansas and we stayed at this hotel. They greeted us at the door when we arrived and everyone was very friendly and accommodating. There is a Starbucks inside of this hotel where you can go and hang out and their lobby has several chairs where you can sit comfortably as well. The rooms themselves were very nice and the bathrooms have wonderful soaps and lotions. My only complaint would be that we had 2 full size beds instead of our normal King. I guess that was because they were booked- it is a very popular hotel. I ended up sleeping in the other bed since the full size was not quite big enough for the two of us. The food in this hotel is Excellent! We had concierge service and the ladies that work up there are so nice and helpful and the food...can you say- Wow?! It was really good and flavorful and they made it all in their restaurant downstairs. I would stay again but make sure we got a bigger bed!

Room Tip: Small refrigerators in the room. Very clean, but try to get a King sized bed if you are a couple.