“Our Second Home”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Boracay, Philippines
“Our Second Home”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed in Fairfield Inn & Suites Inn in Overland Park,KS last August 2011 and March 2012. We love this hotel. This is our second home everytime we visited KS. The hotel staff are friendly. Rosve Querry,she is very nice. Andre at the breakfast is nice too, Sutchi(forgive me if i mispelled your name) she is our official housekeeper and she always does her job well. All the people at the front desk,Rose,Alex and the girl who also love pink (i'm sorry i forgot your name) they are nice,friendly and warm. The hotel is always clean. Smell's nice. The hotel have fitness area,swimming pool and spa. Our room was nice. It includes mini fridge and microwave. Guest laundry is available too. I really like this hotel.

1 Thank Cinammon_Hearts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stayed here while at a conference in nearby Leawood. Breakfast was free and really good. Facility was very clean and nice. Staff was unhelpful at times. (front desk lady didn't know we had reserved the conference room 2 months before; also, another staff person told my colleague to "go ask the front desk" rather than helping him get an answer to a problem) Overall, above average and very nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank awyeth
Iowa
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night while in town on business. One of the more quiet Fairfield property's I have ever stayed in. I usually expect paper thin walls but I slept like a rock in my well appointed room. Plenty of places to eat within a few minutes of the hotel and a very safe area is what I always appreciate while traveling.

A great place to stay in the Kansas City area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Russell, Kansas
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The Fairfield was a much-needed choice for travelers staying in Overland Park, especially those who wanted to stay farther away from the commotion around Interstate 435. It isn't hard to access, but it's far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main highway where you should be able to settle in and enjoy a good night's sleep.

This is a huge step up from the Springhill Suties, which is about four blocks north of the Fairfield on Blue Valley Parkway. The corridors at the Fairfield are much wider, the lobby is much more spacious, there are two elevators, and most importantly, the rooms are not nearly as cramped, with a spacious bathroom where the hot water works pretty quickly and the television can be plugged in to your computer or game console if you have the right cables, which I always do.

The problem some may find is the sematnics of getting in and out, which you'll get the hang of easily. You cannot turn out of the hotel parking lot and go north on Blue Valley Parkway to Metcalf; you must turn onto 123rd Street and turn left at the light. But if you're heading toward 135th street or further south, the easy out onto the Parkway south and then US 69 is a breeze.

If you feel the Fairfield is a step down in the Marriott family, don't beleive it. Especially in Overland Park, where this hotel runs circles around the woefully inadequate Springhill. In fact, familes should consider the Fairfeld right alongside the main Marriott at I-435 and Metcalf. Can't go wrong either way.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DNSKansas
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 April 2012

stayed for 2 nights on business. For the price of less than $100, excellent spacious room, mine was a King "junior suite" -with microwave, sofa, desk, King bed. Modern decor looks new. Overall excellent value for the price paid.

Room Tip: opt for a King room. My colleague had a 2 queen room and it actually is smaller than the King.
1 Thank NayKat
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed for two nights on business. When I arrived I was able to pick my room as their were very few guests checked in. The staff was friendly and continental breakfast was sufficient. I could hear the person in the room next to me, but it wasn't overly loud. This is a nice new hotel and I was impressed with the room size and amenities. I will return.