“Nice place...if it was clean”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I was happy when I first found this hotel as it was new and that usually translates into clean. The rooms are new, the HD TVs have actual HD content. And the staff is generally nice.

Unfortunately, on my 2 or 3rd stay, my bathroom floor had multiple hairs from a certain region of the body. Yuck! I complained and got some Marriott points for free. Several stays were ok until I arrived to sheets that had hair on them and unidentified stains on the pillows. It was completely disgusting. I can't give a low enough mark for cleanliness. I slept on the sofabed as it was late when I arrived and figured I would handle it in the morning. I asked management to change the sheets...and no one did. Same sheets, and same stains. I complained again, was told it would be handled. Not handled again. So I checked out and have not been back since.

I stay 8 nights a month in Overland Park, at this hotel until this incident, and the staff couldn't seem to find clean sheets for me. Hopefully they'll find clean ones for you!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank 150hud

Reviewed 5 October 2008

This property just opened a few months ago and I have spent several nights there since. This is a typical new-construction Fairfield with a focus on King suites rather than traditional rooms. All of my stays were in a king suite so my review encompasses that floor plan:

The Good:
New construction - everything is in new condition
Spacious rooms, king suites have a wall between the sitting area and bed, but it is a partial wall. Room has a couch, lounge chair, large desk and a 32" LCD that swivels between the sitting area and bed area.
Room includes a fridge & microwave, coffee maker, iron/board, etc.
Spacious bathroom with granite counter.
Free wireless internet (wired is advertised but not available)

The not so good:
Construction is of the cheap variety...you can easily hear those walking above you and the occasional neighbors. 4th floor is best to avoid that, but stay away from the corners, each side has an HVAC unit placed on the roof at the end that causes the walls and floor to shake in the 4th floor rooms (about 3 rooms in from the end have this issue).
Housekeeping is not the best, they left the pillows without pillow cases one day and never wiped down counters or furniture.

Overall I would recommend the property, especially at the current Marriott Rewards level (1) which makes it a good value. There is plenty of restaurants and shopping near-by and highway access is plentiful with quick access to 435, 35 & 69. If you are familiar with the area, this property is about a half mile south of the Springhill Suites/Residence Inn on Blue Valley Parkway and just south of the Target.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Overland Park hotels
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
SpringHill Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park

Address: 12440 Blue Valley Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66213-2626
Region: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Family Hotel in Overland Park
#8 Business Hotel in Overland Park
#9 Romantic Hotel in Overland Park
Price Range: £66 - £116 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park 2.5*
If you’re looking for a great hotel in Overland Park, you’ll love the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park. Our Overland Park, KS hotel combines comfort, style, and value – just a mile from I-435 and Metcalf at Blue Valley Pkwy past 119th St. We’re also near Sprint, Teva, Ericsson and OptumRx United Health, Southcreek Office Park, College Boulevard, and the Overland Park Soccer Complex. Our Marriott hotel offers rooms and suites with free Wi-Fi, 32" flat-screen HD TVs, work desks, and ergonomic chairs; suites also feature mini-refrigerators, microwaves and sofabeds. Jump-start your day with hot and healthy choices like eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, fresh fruit and yogurt and more--all complimentary every day! Unwind in our lobby bar, fitness room, indoor pool, or whirlpool. Planning an event? Our largest meeting space can host up to 100. Best of all, our Fairfield Inn & Suites provides service that few Overland Park hotels can match – book a room today and let us serve you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park Hotel Overland Park