“I always enjoy my meal”
Review of Chosun Korean BBQ

Chosun Korean BBQ
Ranked #116 of 500 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 25 August 2013

They have hibachi grills in some tables, but I always sit at a booth and order off the menu.

The food is always good and I always enjoy my meal, but it is not quite as good as my favorite strip-mall Korean places in other cities (Kitchener, Ontario; Bentonville, Arkasas; etc.) I've had several soups, but none twice. I keep coming back for the dol sot bi bim bap. The steamed egg side dish is very good, as is the fish cake side dish.

1  Thank HungryGreg

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Chosun Korean BBQ is tucked into a little strip center on Metcalf between 123rd and 127th Streets. We could tell that this restaurant was going to be good because of the cluster of cars observed in the parking lot night after night. The dining area has both in-table barbecue grills and regular tables. The wait staff was friendly and helpful in interpreting the menu so we could order several dishes suitable for the in-table grilling experience. The Korean barbecue meals come with an interesting collection of side dishes and sauces, including kim-chee which was spiced on the mild side. The server loads the meat on the grill, checks on it while grilling, and then cuts it up into bite-sized pieces with a large pair of scissors. Our two different meat choices were grilled sequentially. Cool lettuce leaves and white rice also accompany the meal. We have returned to Chosun a number of times because of the relaxed family atmosphere and the authenticity of the food.

3  Thank TeakWoodDeck
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

I live in Seattle and have great Korean BBQ often. I was surprised to have good authentic Korean food in Kansas City area. We had short rib and beef BBQ and seafood Korean pancake. Though there was limited varieties of little side dishes, the food was excellent. There was one steamed egg with clear booth that was delicious - I had never had it in Seattle.

1  Thank Hongkongee
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Im Korean American from NYC area and moved to KC in 2005. Out of all the Korean restaurants in the Kansas City area, this is a place I would recommend. Korean BBQ and soups are good.

2  Thank Ben L
Reviewed 27 May 2011

We have tried and I have reviewed several different Asian and Korean restuarants in Kansas City, and am glad to have come across Chosun. I have a good friend of mine who lives in Korea and teaches English to children. When he comes home during his vacation period, we usually go grab some Korean to get his and our cravings satisfied. He was very excited when we came to Chosun, for this was "authentic" Korean to him, what he was used to going and getting in Seoul.
Just a couple examples why it is better here than other's in the city.
1. It is ran by authentic Koreans. They all speak Korean as a first language.
2. It was full of Koreans eating. That is always a good sign of Authenticity. when it "takes people home"
3. It was a true Korean BBQ, with grill's in the tables.
We had short rib bbq, spicy pork and Naengmyun (Cold Noodle Dish) and it was fantastic. The meat was all so tender and delicious. The naengmyun comes with vinegar and mustard to make a "sauce" with, but I found that worked great as a pallate cleanser when switching from one side to another, and to end the meal up with, tasting as it came out. I came back the next day and got some squid bokkum (awesome and spicy!) and it made my day. The service was very good, all the servers were very nice, we were lucky to have my friend there that spoke Korean, so it was easy for us to communicate, but don't be discouraged if you don't. The english spoken is enough to crutch your way through a great dining experience. Go here first.

1  Thank rusty_fwg