Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
“Non smokers beware”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Every Time I entered or exited the front door numerous smokers gathered. Disgusting. Cigarette butts everywhere. I mentioned it to the clerk at the front desk and only got a "thank you". Don't know what that kind of answer means.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank David D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
David - We read your comments about your stay with us. It upsets us to hear that guests were smoking by the front doors when you entered. We are sorry for your experience. We discussed your comments with our staff, and we are asking our smoking guests to refrain from smoking near the doors. We will also walk the area more frequently to make sure the entryways are clean.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at ovp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Free Wifi very slow. I did not pay to upgrade to faster service. The refrigerator was filthy (see photos) and did not work good. The toilet was not cleaned under the seat. I did not look too closely at other areas as I was tired from a days drive. Beer bottle left on parking block.

Easy access from I-435.

Overall I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are disappointed to hear that your room's cleanliness was not to standard and that our free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. We will work with our housekeeping staff to make sure each room is cleaned thoroughly. We will also contact our internet provider to ensure our Wi-Fi is functioning properly.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact us directly, at ovp@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff were awesome, extremely helpful and polite. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the grounds and hotel was kept in excellent condition. Would stay there again and refer others no questions asked!!! Thank you Overland Park, KS Extended Stay for making my vacation all it was!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and pleasant. As this hotel's manager, I am especially pleased to read that the staff was so helpful and polite. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Novato, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Typical Extended Stay here. I travel a lot for business and this chain seems to be my 'go to' place lately. The staff is friendly, the room is spacious, bed comfy, bathroom clean, a/c working nicely, flat screen TV, free coffee and muffins, and a nice kitchen so I can save money on food. But while in KC, I'm still going to eat at Oklahoma Joe's every day! It's conveniently located nearby.
I'd definitely recommend staying here if all you need is a clean and functional room.

Room Tip: Definitely get a 3rd floor room here...the way the building is situated, some of the ground floor ro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and pleasant. As this hotel's manager, I am especially glad to read that you received friendly service from my staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The AC unit was broken for 3 days, and the room got so hot the tile floors were wet. I called the hotel mutiple times and the manager would not return my calls when I left messages. The wifi was the worst I've experienced in a hotel, and I was unable work from the room. I will say the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Overall, it was rather unfortunate to pay $60 a night for no AC and I checked out early.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your A/C did not work and we did not get it fixed for you. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ovp @extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hello,

This is a great Hotel! Completely smoke-free, (I don't care but-heads up...: )). The rooms are really great-very clean, clean carpet in the hallways, (unlike some of there hotels), the location is literally right of the 435. You're not far from restaurants, shopping, and I guess right around 20 mins from the downtown area. This one is in Overland Park, which is the most expensive location of KC. Beautiful area! Be prepared to use your mobile hotspot or data plans. WIFI here is horrible! The worst that I've experienced in all my ESA's! The cable channels are not that entertaining either, but overall, out of a 10-10 being the highest, this is a strong 8. Minus 2 point-poor CS agent at the desk. (Tall dark haired guy, works in the mornings.). He's just not friendly! :(

Best---sleep well!

NIke

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We apologize that our wi-fi did not meet your expectations and we have addressed the issue, as well as the friendliness of our front desk team.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was the first time I'd stayed in an Extended Stay America and I'll not be going back. While the staff were friendly enough the whole place reeked of cigarette smoke. I'm not sure if they let people smoke in their room or not, but, it was really quite bad. My clothes absolutely stank of cigarette smoke after wearing them which I found just completely unacceptable. The wifi was terrible, I'm not being overly cruel or rude here it was just terrible; being on business I was not able to use this at all and had to go out for decent wifi / connection / speed; I even paid for a $15 upgrade to the wifi for what amounted to nothing better than early 2000s dial up connection that constantly dropped in and out. The grab and go breakfast buffet was very limited and after hours the vending machines for snacks was inaccessible in a locked office. Unless they severely up their game here I would say stay away!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Luke,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our wi-fi provider and will make sure our smoking policy is better enforced.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ovp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.