“ABSOLUTELY OFFENSIVE IN EVERY WAY!!”

Ramada Overland Park
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
San Diego, California, United States
“ABSOLUTELY OFFENSIVE IN EVERY WAY!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

First, let me just say that I have only written great reviews on Yelp, Hotels.com, etc. and I have NEVER written anything bad about any business... This time, I just couldn't hold back.

Let's see...

Pubic hairs on the bed, dirty pillow cases, yellow stains on the towels, mold in the shower, I tried to pull out a tissue from the wall dispenser and it broke, people smoking right outside the door to where I smell it inside the room, a car-full of guys sitting in their SUV “hooting and hollering” (literally) right outside my door, the toilet stopped working a few times, I had to call maintenance to fix the air conditioner... I can continue.

Ohh, after the first night, while the housekeeping staff was generous enough to replace the toilet paper roll for me, they didn't feel like changing the actual roll, so they just laid the new roll of toilet paper ON TOP OF the old one. Nice...

As for the "continental breakfast," I have literally been walking almost a mile every single day to the Panera across the street just so I can have a reasonable breakfast in the morning. What does that tell you??

And… to top it all off – on the very last night of my stay, the housekeeping staff felt that it was appropriate to be rolling their cart back and forth along the outside pathway several times at 1:30AM!!!!! I had to be awake at 4am for a flight and wasn’t able to fall asleep until 2am because of all the noise.

Quite honestly, when you continue to see reviews like this one on Yelp, and Hotels.com, at what point do you start to evaluate the quality and cleanliness of this hotel?? Bottom line, this is a leadership issue, and this will definitely be the last time I (or anyone else I know if I have anything to do with it) will be staying here.

Room Tip: If, God forbid you have to stay here, INSIST on an inside room. If they put you outside, you will ha...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

This facility is old and run down. There is mold in our room. The pool has a layer of scum. The staff is rude. I don't think the beds were changed after the last guest due to the pubic hair under the sheets. This is not worth your time. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
Days Inn Overland Park
Days Inn Overland Park
#28 of 37 in Overland Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park

Been to Ramada Overland Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Overland Park

Property: Ramada Overland Park
Address: 7240 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66202-3187 (Formerly Holiday Inn)
Region: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Overland Park 3*
At Ramada Overland Park...We are only 9 miles to Downtown Kansas City, 7 miles to Overland Park Convention Center and 12 miles to Kansas Speedway.We have a Free Complimentary Breakfast, Free Wifi, Free Parking,a large indoor swimming pool and hot tub,sports court and game area. We have banquet rooms for up to 200 people. So whether you are traveling with a sports team, bus tour, or business we have something for everyone ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Overland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Overland Park Hotel Overland Park