“Unhelpful Staff”

Ramada Overland Park
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Overland Park
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Club Softball trip

It was a trip for my daughter's club softball team. The room was smoky due to your long term guests from the outer perimeter of the hotel. Not a good experience

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Sandra M
Denton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Let me start by telling you my friend rented our rooms sight unseen. She was told by a women she asked to help that everything else around was full. It was already done before I could check up on things. The price was about the same as I pay at Hampton Inns. I'm more careful where I stay when I'm staying places without my husband along. Ramada Inn is one of the places I won't stay alone without first seeing it. I could tell at first sight we were at a former Holiday Inn dome place, like the ones they built all over--probably in the 60's. For one thing, it's a lawsuit waiting for a place to happen. I never remember ever seeing a place with so many ledges one could step off of. The entire floor of that domed indoor pool section was carpeted in some kind of allweather carpeting, covering up huge rough and dangerous spots. The food for breakfast was barely adequate, but okay. A bunch of people were waiting for some more biscuits. When the lady brought them out, a couple of staff members ran up, literally, and took most of them. The second day, the eggs were obviously left over from the day before. I tried one of the waffles you make yourself. I don't eat syrup on my waffles, so it was easy to tell that the mix had soured. And, that food place was filthy. The second day's breakfast helper did a better job of cleaning. The air conditioners worked almost too well, which is always a plus with me. The beds were comfortable enough. You could have parked right outside the rooms, which would have been nice for me, but they'd built a wall between the rooms and the parking lot, so that you had to walk half the building or more to get to your room. It's no-smoking, but most of the guests stand right outside their rooms smoking, so it's heavily infused with cigarette smoke. And, again, those ledges. No way to get into and out of your room without a couple of them. Hard to get luggage over. Easy to trip on. Not a part of the original structure. The correct price for that room would've been about $65. If they'd charged me that, I wouldn't be writing this review. I would've known what I was getting before I signed up. But, especially for women traveling alone: this place is creepy. If you can get a room for $65 there, just know what you're getting: a great experience 40+ years ago, but a diminished experience these days and certainly not worth anywhere near $103/night. Look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try someplace else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Overland Park
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
Days Inn Overland Park
Days Inn Overland Park
#28 of 37 in Overland Park
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission

Been to Ramada Overland Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Overland Park

Property: Ramada Overland Park
Address: 7240 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66202-3187 (Formerly Holiday Inn)
Region: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #34 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Overland Park 3*
At Ramada Overland Park...We are only 9 miles to Downtown Kansas City, 7 miles to Overland Park Convention Center and 12 miles to Kansas Speedway.We have a Free Complimentary Breakfast, Free Wifi, Free Parking,a large indoor swimming pool and hot tub,sports court and game area. We have banquet rooms for up to 200 people. So whether you are traveling with a sports team, bus tour, or business we have something for everyone ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Overland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Overland Park Hotel Overland Park