“Superior Indeed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Wilmington, NC
“Superior Indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 3 week period. I was there on business. I was fortunate enough to have one of their 2 rooms suites. It was immaculately cleaned everyday without quesiton. The beds were extremely comfortable and the linens were great. The staff was accomodating and kind. I would stay here again and again. The restaurant on site was tasty and shopping is very close. No noticeable noise from the highway. Superior hotel, staff, location, and suites. Absolutely superior!!! Being a female, all of these things are extremely important.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank valentina70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

We're a close family, but not that close! We reserved a room on Hotwire for 4 and called to confirm on the drive over. We discovered they wanted to put us in a King room with a cot...and they thought that was perfectly acceptable?!? Lucky for us, Hotwire stood by their guarantee and found us a room in another hotel where we could legitimately sleep 4!

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BestPlacesintheUSA
Ballwin, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

Hotel was modernly and pleasantly decorated, VERY clean, and the rooms surprisingly quiet for how busy it was, particularly with lots of teenagers staying there due to a sports tournament.
Room was nicely furnished with a firm but comfortable King bed, marble-look vanity and shower w/handrail, heavy-quality towels, wall-mounted hair dryer, coffee maker w/supplies, microwave, 40" TV w/all the basic cable channels (although only an analog signal, so some channels were grainy), large closet with iron & board, lots of mirrors for getting ready.
Got a steal on Hotwire, so room rate was not an issue.
Area is isolated and quiet even though it's right by the highway and a hospital, but area felt very safe with both outside and covered parking (grateful for that since unpredictable Kansas storms brought golf-size hail during my stay!)
I chose this hotel over another because it had an indoor pool, but was disappointed to find that the indoor section of the pool was only 3'9" deep and about 15'x15', so using it for my planned workout was not an option. However, it would be perfectly fine for a family with small children to splash around and burn off some energy.
If you are a late sleeper, hang your "Do Not Disturb" on the door the night before, as housekeeping starts knocking on doors promptly at 8am.
Staff was courteous and effecient at checkin and check out, but did not appear to be particulary helpful in between. For example, I stopped by the bar to grab a quick nightcap around 8pm, and when nobody showed, I turned to the desk clerk with an inquisitive "is it closed?" look, and she just stared back at me, not offering assistance.
Great hotel for a business traveler or anyone else who simply needs efficiency and a comfy, clean, well-appointed room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank serendippy522
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I was really impressed with the level of customer service at check in. I really think that the cookies and the letter in my room were a real touch of class...
The room is very clean and smells fresh when you step in.
Now for the bad, this is an older property so like other reviewers I didn't have hot water for my shower. It washonestly just luke warm. But I was able to get clean.
Also the paint on the ceiling was peeling and I was worried it might fall in my mouth while I was sleeping.
All things considered I would reccomend this hotel as long as you know what to expect. :-)

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank cengle9521
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Cookies, personalised letter from the staff in a great room. From checking in where our keys and paperwork was ready and organized, to checking out. Even the house keeper was friendy and realy helpful. The location is close to lots of resturants and shops.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed here for a Valentines getaway and really enjoyed ourselves. I had searched all over the KC area for a reasonably priced room with a jacuzzi suite at a hotel that also offered room service. Our plan was for a couples massage in the afternoon, then check into the hotel and not surface until checkout, and this worked great for that purpose. I got the room for less than $130/night, which was almost half the price of other hotels in the area that offered the same amenities.

Details on the room itself: a fridge, microwave, big desk, and dining table with two chairs was in the entry area. There was a decent sized HDTV (although the signal didn't appear to be in high def, which led to a not-very-crisp picture) in the living area, with a couch and chair. Not the most comfy couch (it was a pullout sofa) but with extra room pillows was fine. We brought a DVD player from home, watched a scary movie, and popped corn in the microwave. Quite handy. They also offered movies to rent, including movies still at the theater. At first I balked at $15 for a movie, but when I realized it would cost us that (or more) to see "Black Swan" at the theaters, I was more than willing to pay.

The bed was super comfy. PIllows were great. The only thing that kept me from a super fantastic nights sleep was the heating/cooling unit. When it cycled on and off, for some reason, it kept waking me up. It wasn't horribly loud, I just don't think I was used to the unusual sound.

The jacuzzi was roomy enough for two. I felt the water was plenty warm enough but my husband prefers to scald in the hot tub, so he was not as happy with the temp. Still, we soaked and relaxed, bringing the ipod ready alarm/radio in the bathroom so we could listen to music. I DO wish they had a dimmer for the lights. It would really make the experience even more soothing.

Room service was two hamburgers, which were large, tasty and heaped with super crunchy fries. I think our room service bill was only $25 (including tip), which, granted, is high for two burgers, but not bad for room service and totally worth it.

Hubby was disappointed in the pool (in the winter, the indoor section is pitifully small) as well as the sparse workout equipment (he would have liked some free weights). But overall, we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

I was in Kansas City for a business meeting at the Overland Park Convention Center. The Holiday Inn offered me a much better rate than the hotel at the convention center. I enjoyed dinner at the lobby restaurant...large serving of coconut shrimp and a great beer! This hotel was in good condition, very clean and the staff was nice.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business