“GREAT stay- Milo and the housekeeping staff made our day!”

SpringHill Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Drove down to enjoy a late Christmas with our kids and grandchildren, stayed 3 nights. Reached hotel about 9 PM, unable to locate a luggage cart. When I inquired at front desk, the clerk informed me the cart was missing, tied up in someones room- as he had recently searched for it to help another customer. When he told me I had to carry up my luggage, I held up my two broken arms (casts decorated in holiday colors of green & red) and told him I was not able to carry much of anything. At that point, Milo set down what he was working on and went into the back room, creatively coming up with a chair on rollers and an empty laundry cart, which he & my husband put to good use unloading Xmas presents from the trunk of our car. His quick thinking saved the day, and the rest of our stay was great, the hotel is easily accessible and very clean, the rooms nicely furnished. Did I mention the mattresses were FABULOUS?? The maid service was excellent. We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Was rooming with a colleague on a business trip. The room was nice, but we found ourselves tripping over one another.
The workout room is nice, but small for the number of people it serves. Plenty of space, but not a lot to offer.
The breakfast was a nice selection, with someone there to help with any need.
My colleague did have an issue getting is credit card cleared at check in, but the front desk was very helpful in assisting him to get the matter handled.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We visited Kansas City for a few days and decided to stay at this Springhill Suites since it is close to Olathe where my sister lives.
Checkin was very smooth, front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. We asked for a recommendation for dinner and were given a card for a free appetizer at the restaurant. Although it was a little pricey, it was a very good choice.
The room was very clean and comfortable. Everything worked and we had no logistics problems. One downfall is the old style window area heater/air conditioner, they are just noisy but there is nothing you can do about it. We did use the spare blanket on the second night just to minimize heater use.
The pool was very nice but we did not see anyone using it-but it was January.
The complimentary breakfast has a nice selection but one minor complaint is that with 20 minutes to go before the end of scheduled hours they did not refill the scrambled eggs. It would have been nice if everything were available during posted hours. Luckily my wife chose to go with oatmeal rather than "bother" the staff for more eggs.
The hotel is conveniently located near stores and restaurants so choice is not a problem. We would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We arrived late and only stayed for breakfast, but I would stay here again. The room was really clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly enough and there were a variety of options at breakfast. No question we received the value for what we paid.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I burn points here when visiting family, but I wouldn't drop the cash. Breakfast is provided and its biggest perk is that it's close and free. Coffee is fresh and hot (not STBX, but good). Beds are cozy soft. It's the little things that make you realize this is Marriott-lite and not Marriott....tp/kleenex, for example, could help you do some drywall sanding, once you've blown your nose and....ahem. Paul Mitchell toiletries are a nice touch.

Room Tip: HHonors: Embassy Suites SPG: Sheraton OP convention center --both are really close, I'd go ther...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Doctmilton
Reviewed 27 October 2013

As a frequent visitor to the Kansas City area, I usually book Hilton's Embassy Suites or Marriott's Residence Inn due to their spacious rooms, and included breakfasts that conveniently accomodate sleepovers with our Grandchildren who live in the area. Instead, this trip I booked this hotel as the price was really great.

The hotel is clean and the rooms have all the basic necessities except for a good night's sleep. This is one of the noisiest hotels I have ever stayed at. You hear every footstep above you and in the hallways. The sounds of toilets flushing in adjacent rooms was just awful. They use the same technology as airplanes and cruise ships that sound like mini-hurricanes with each flush. Showers in the adjacent rooms made you think you were in the middle of a rainstorm.

This is a Marriott property thatI will avoid in the future solely due to the noise factor. A little insulation would have gone a long way here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the top floor, otherwise you will be calling the front desk to inquire about the b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wjexchange
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here in I'm a Marriott elite member. I suggest people to find another property (like Hyatt Place) that is newer and has better service. The rooms are old (a/c are still manual when most other places have a thermostat). Services is mediocre. Swimming pool was out of order.

All in all, there are other properties in the area that are better value. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business