Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$112
ComfortInn
US$90
US$82
US$130
US$120
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$200
Sheraton.com
US$223
US$206
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$129
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$127
US$170
US$155
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
US$133
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgranola barsgrab and gowrapped muffinsfull size fridgeenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was fine. Nothing special and I'm glad it was for only one night. We arrived late at night (around 10:30) and had to call the front desk person on a phone to come wait on us. She was friendly and helpful. We were in a handicap accessible room which was fine. For the most part, the room was clean. It was a little dusty and the corners could have used some attention. The kitchenette was older but the TV was updated. The double bed was fine and the linens seemed clean. The bathroom was usable. We noticed that the shower did not have a place to put a shampoo bottle or the soap when you were done. Maybe because we were in an accessible room but it was difficult to shower with no one to put my items. Soap was provided but we had to go to the front desk to get shampoo. They didn't have any in the room. The breakfast was not really a breakfast. It was muffins, oatmeal bars, oatmeal packets, granny smith apples and oranges. No juice, no other fruit items, no napkins. It was pathetic. They should not advertise that they have a free breakfast. It was more of an afterthought. The offered free wi-fi but I was unable to use it because it was extremely slow. We spent about 10 hours at this hotel and that was enough. It would not be my first choice when returning. It was fine for the rate, but for another $15, I'd upgrade.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tnshsms
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our breakfast, and that the room was not up to your satisfaction. We are always looking for ways to improve on our brand, and comments such as your help us to do that. The speed of the free WiFi is something we are working with the internet provider to improve.

Thank you for the comment about the friendly staff member we really appreciate your comment on the matter. If you want to discuss this further I will be happy to talk to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me at kom@extendedstay.com It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

First, the access from the interstate is very easy and location is close to restaurants and Walmart grocery. Second the management and staff are very friendly, from reservation to check-out. Third, the suites are roomy, comfortable, and clean! We loved our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making your stay a pleasant one. I really appreciate your great comments about the hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very nice hotel, appeared to be well maintained and cleaned. Room was nicely laid out, perhaps a bit cramped but quite useable. Kitchenette was a nice touch, came in handy. Grab & Go breakfast works well to get moving in the morning. First rate staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and our staff. It is very rewarding to here we have made your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

To start with, I got an UNBELIEVABLE deal on Priceline. The hotel was close to major roadways, there's a nice mix of restaurants very close by, but downtown is only 15 minutes away too. Having a kitchenette was handy and the room was clean and comfortable. The combination of price and good room are always magic for me. What kept this from being 5 for me was the spider in the sink the second morning of my stay. I mentioned it to the front desk and they were appropriately apologetic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our hotel, It's great to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Please accept my apologies for the spider, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can address it immediately.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at this Extended Stay America location in July 2013. I was visiting friends and family in Kansas City area but wanted to have my "own place and privacy" during the 3 nights I was in town. It is in a great location just off a major highway, but far enough away that there is no highway noise. Plenty of well light parking at this location as well. The building is locked down after 10 pm and requires a room key for entry after that time. This was a nice security feature.

The staff was very cordial and pleasant as well as helpful. The Grab and Go breakfast is just that. Do not expect a hot meal from a menu, this is aptly named and has an assortment of coffee, instant oatmeal, granola bars, muffins and some fruit. The room was comfortable, very clean,quiet, with 2 flat screen TV's. Small kitchen area with refrigerator, microwave, and an eating area. Cleanliness is very important to me and this room was very clean. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this place to others.

Room Tip: Room 211 was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo