I got lucky and found Extended Stay America via Hotwire. I stayed from July 24-27, 2014.
I enjoyed almost every aspect of my stay. The staff were very friendly (all said "hello" to me wherever I was), the room was spacious and the temperature easy to control, the shower's water pressure was fantastic, and I had every amenity I wanted in my room (kitchenette, ironing board and iron, hair dryer) or could get at the front desk (shampoo). I liked the fact that they don't clean the room until 5 days later (I think) or when you leave. If I needed more towels, I could get them at the front desk. No need for a stranger in my room. The location near I-435 makes getting around convenient.
On the other hand, I would have liked a more robust breakfast with bananas, waffles I could toast, and food to microwave. I also would have liked a quilted pillow top on my mattress, but I slept well and didn't wake up with any aches from it. The Wi-Fi was inconsistent and unreliable, particularly for my smartphone on the premises. It worked OK for my laptop in the room, but was slow (videos, picture uploads/downloads in particular).
Overall, I rated this facility a 4/5.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City / Overland Park / Metcalf Hotel Overland Park
- Extended Stay Overland Park
- Overland Park Extended Stay
- Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf