“Still Can't Figure Out the Fancy Beds”

Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hudson Valley, NY
“Still Can't Figure Out the Fancy Beds”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn. We arrived early in the afternoon and had to wait for our rooms to be cleaned, but found the lobby very comfortable and inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful at suggesting dinner options. The room was clean, included a refrigerator, and all furnishings were in good working order. In the evening there were cookies and hot beverages available in the lobby. We made use of the pool and spa and found both enjoyable. The amenities in our room included mouthwash, which I always find a nice touch. The only thing that didn’t work that well was the bed. Not too bad, but I found every hour or so I needed to shift to the other side of the bed to get comfortable. I noticed at the front desk when checking out that there were apparently ways to set the firmness, but I hadn’t see the information the day before, and I’m not sure I would have known what to set it to even if I had seen it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Glenwood
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Enjoyed the room. The pool was small but nice. Both our rooms where in good order. Close to some shopping. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spent a week here and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff were very attentive, the hotel is convenient to the convention center. Rooms were clean, quiet, and well maintained. Food and service excellent. The afternoon cookies were great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dodge City, Kansas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is the second time my family and I stayed at this hotel, and it certainly didn't disappoint. It isn't trendy or overly luxurious, but is still an excellent hotel. Our rooms were clean and in good condition. Staff were very friendly and quick to respond to our needs. The pool area is average in size but well maintained. The breakfast, although extra, is well worth it and much better than what most hotels in this price range offer, both in terms of selection and quality. There are quite a few restaurant options just a short drive away(within a mile or so). We'll definitely be looking to stay here again next time we're looking at this area!

Room Tip: Opt for the breakfast package. The breakfast package is often only slightly more expensive and thei...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The last hotel on our journey was a nice way to end. Our room was next to the elevator, but was very quiet. The rooms were very clean.

Front desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

However, part of the parking lot is very narrow around the building and feels claustrophobic.

It's located pretty near to a shopping area and some restaurants.

Richmond, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My quest for the perfect Hilton property in Overland Park continues. This is a nice comfortable hotel in a pretty convenient area. Though near the freeway, it isn't noisy -- a big plus. Rooms are typical HGI -- comfy, clean, nothing to complain about. Breakfasts tasty, serving staff very nice. So why only three stars? I felt the front desk was badly understaffed (only one clerk) at what they should have predicted to be busy periods. This caused me a problem in particular. I had a four night stay: two nights money, two nights points. Somehow this was "written up" as two stays. But I did not get a bill after the first two nights; so I went about my business on the third morning, a huge mistake. Evidently I was supposed to "check in" again, and since I hadn't I couldn't get into my room, because I was some sort of wrongdoer. The poor, very sweet front desk clerk couldn't figure out how to get my wife and I (then hot and sweaty and needing to clean up) into our room at 5 pm on a Saturday. She had to go call someone and get computer tips, which took almost half an hour, while we, and about five other new guests, were waiting in line. I felt so sorry for her; and for me, for looking like some sort of abuser of the staff. If they can get their staffing together -- or if you don't do anything at any peak time and don't encounter issues -- this is easily four stars. HGI's are generally a good bet. One last beef with every property I have been in Overland Park: why don't you have Fox Sports KC? People come for the Royals games. I can watch them on my MLB package in California, but not in a KC hotel. What's that about? Get the baseball package!

Room Tip: All pretty good; front side avoids very minor freeway noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
omaha
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here over the weekend. I'd reserved a suite, and upon check in was very pleased with the man checking us in. He mentioned he'd been on the job for 2 weeks, and although he was new, he did a very nice job, was courteous and helpful. Our room was as advertised, clean and nice. My only gripe if I had one is the cable lost connection A LOT. I assume it was satellite, so wasn't terribly surprised. Other then that it was fantastic. The pool/spa was nice and clean. Breakfast was good and service is exceptional. If we ever go to Overland Park again we will definitely be staying here again. In my humble opinion this could easily be a 4 star hotel. Good job all the way around!!