“Not worth the cost”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Surprise with this hotel. Rooms remine me of a old Ramada Inn. No explanation why I did not get a upgrade being a Platinum level.Rooms clean but old looking. Not enough outlets in room for todays electronic world. The cost of the first night wasn't bad but they tried to raise the room cost from 121.00 to 139.00 just because they were full. I got them down to 125.00 per night. Bottom line would not stay here on my next visit to this area. Would rather drive further and find a much better Holiday Inn. The room cost more than any other Holiday Inn I have stayed in and for the money it was not very good.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or make sure the price you are given is for the entire trip.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at the Holiday Inn & Suites Overland Park West. Please contact me directly should you return to the area as I would like the opportunity to regain your confidence. Sincerest regards.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed here routinely on all of my visits to KC for several years now. The quality just gets better. The staff has stayed fairly consistent and they are so welcoming and friendly. They visit with you as you come and go and never make you feel rushed. I am not a fan of the restaurant. The food is not as good as the prices would have you believe, so we usually go across the street to Perkins to eat. The beds are comfortable. There is a mirrored area outside of the bathroom, so when you are travling in pairs, 2 can get ready at the same time. I would recomend this to anyone coming to KC. It is clean, centrally located to highways and shopping, comfortable and has great service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah L
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff.
Your business and patronage are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Please keep in mind the one thing this review wont actually capture is the smell.

Upon check in I asked if I could get a room with a microwave, the manager said it costs $10 extra. I've stayed in this chain before, & since I have a toddler in tow I though being able to use the fridge, & microwave would be excellent. BUT, my room had no microwave, and what's worse when I asked about it they sent a microwave to my room.

I am almost certain a previous guest, or disgruntled employee had urinated in the air conditioner, as the smell of ammonia when I turned it on made my eyes water.

The springs in the chair are broken so you literally sink to a very uncomfortable low level. A few fixtures are falling off the wal....

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank WT-Traveler-TM

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Overland Park West.
I want to apologize for your less than positive experience which was the opposite of what we strive to achieve. Please contact me directly should you return to the area as I would like the opportunity to regain your confidence.
Sincerest regards

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Very nice hotel! We stayed for a last minute appointment! Highly Recomended!

• Stayed: February 2012
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent visit. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Check-in was quick. Room was neat and clean. Quiet. Fridge and microwave in room. Just stayed 1 night and didn't get to use the pool. Breakfast was good, service quick; rather expensive, but on-site and nothing terribly close by. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thanks for the glowing comments regarding your recent stay.
We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park Kansas and invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

The hotel was adequate. I would have been mad if I paid the regular price. I booked through Priceline. I've stayed in nicer 2 star hotels. Room was clean enough but beds and pillows seemed uncomfortable. The bathroom had a slight sewer smell. It was very quiet after 9pm which was really nice. No microwaves or fridges in regular rooms. My biggest gripe was I overheard the nighttime manager rent a room to a teenager. First he told him he couldn't rent a room since he was under 21. The he asked the kid if he had his girl there with him and told him he didn't want any trouble from him and went ahead and gave him a room. So, I guess it's a popular place for teens to get a room even if underage!

Room Tip: I would ask next time for a higher level on the outside of the hotel. The inner rooms overlook the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay as we strive for much higher standards. If you find a need for lodging in this area again, I would like the opportunity to earn back your business. Please contact me directly for a future reservation.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Nice location great staff and good value ..rooms were spacious and clean restaurant had decent food the pizza is good..Had guest laundry that was very nice and clean well maintained machines ...lots of hot water for a shower the swimming pool area was very nice there was always people in the pool the few nights I was there lots of places to eat and shop close by. Very close to interstate easy on and off. I would defiantly stay here again...

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.