“Birthday Party Event was Fabulous!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My graduating class from high school celebrated our 65th birthday party at this hotel. We had so much fun that it has taken me almost 6 weeks to write about my experience. We planned a "plated" dinner and it was deliciously prepared (no plastic chicken or mystery meat here). My thanks to the chef, the Chicken Supreme was elegant. The servers were available to fill water and tea glasses, remove dishes and ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. After dinner, we hosted a party for our invited guests, where we served hors d'oeuvres and birthday cake. The hors d'oeuvres were excellent and our guests loved them. We also reserved a suite of rooms for class members who didn't want to drive home after the party or were from out of town. Everyone was satisfied with their rooms. The hotel is undergoing renovations and looks great. Special thanks to the hotel management and Darryl, the banquet manager for making our special evening wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear guest,
Your group was also Fabulous! Thank you for taking the time to complete the review and of course your business. The entire staff will be happy to hear that they had a part in making everyone's night so special. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Came in for an overnight stay on Reward points. The front desk people on check in were funny but I was being more serious when I asked for "Did you pick me a good room?" In general it was ok but the ceiling had a leak that splashed on the bathroom countertop and mirror.:( Maintenance guy was great when he came up to check it the next day and it was fine by me that he waited until we left that morning to crawl up in the ceiling access to figure out what was going on. I didn't sleep well due to bed comfort but from travelling full time I know all beds just aren't my bed at home, so again something I could get over. The straw that broke the camel's back - When I'm staying in a full service hotel for leisure I expect to be able to have breakfast in the morning off a menu - not a buffet. Because there were "Soccer Teams" staying in the hotel the restaurant was not offering menu service and buffet only if we wanted to get in line behind the groups of teenagers. No thank you - I wanted to relax and have service - during the week Its mostly just grab a breakfast bar and go this was suppose to be a mini-vacation.

When the front desk asked me if I enjoyed my stay and I explained no she did offer to refund some of my rewards points. I told her no thank you I would just remember that this is not the hotel for me to stay in and that I would make note not to book here in the future.

Kudos to the soccer teams though their coaches were awesome because we didn't hear them in the hallways at all.

Room Tip: I would recommend another location. There are plenty to chose from in the area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear recent guest,

Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. Your valuable comments will help prevent similar issues in the future.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to change your opinion so that we may earn your business again.

Sincerest regards.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed there 2 nights on a weekend. The location was ok. The front desk staffs were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, a little outdated but that was fine by us. I was very happy overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff. We have just completed the renovation of all the public space, all of the meeting space (including the beautiful Kansas Ballroom), and half of our 191 guest rooms. The hotel looks better than ever!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here one night, just a quick get away. Our room was fine. Maybe needs little update but very clean. It stayed cool in the room. And best of all, it was quiet. I wasn't disturbed by any noises overnight. The hotel is doing remodeling but I did not hear any of it in our room (3rd floor). The best part of our stay was the front desk staff (Alan). He was super polite and very accommodating. Very impressed with it, as so many places don't have good customer service anymore. They were great. Also the housekeeping person, didn't get her name, she was very polite as well. If we need a quick get away again, I would stay here. Thanks for the relaxing night away from home.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff! We are always pleased to hear that we hit the mark for excellent customer service as well as a clean & comfortable stay.
Your business and patronage are very much appreciated we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

The hotel was in the midst of remodeling during our brief stay but the hotel staff was so "Mr. French" like I found our stay pleasant and restful. We were upgraded to one of the newly remodeled rooms and it was great!

Room Tip: Front desk (Alan) told me they're remodeling half the rooms this year and half next. Make sure...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review. Your reference to the show "Family Affair" gave us a big smile. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Checked in and was treated politely by the front desk staff.

My room was OK. Nothing bad nothing great.

They are remodeling the hotel and I was awakened painfully early for a Saturday - bad.

While in the shower, the smoke detector in my room went off, causing a panic and making me jump from the shower into clothes and into the hall - all in record time - all to discover that it was a malfunction in my room. The front desk offered no apology for my near heart attack.

Housekeeping is apparently only performed on request. Late in the afternoon, I returned to my room and found my room still untouched. Also, the broken smoke alarm had not been repaired.

So, I think that this hotel is easily trumped by a lesser quality place, like La Quinta.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding the hotel and staff.

Please accept our apologies for the uncommon issues you experienced. It is my hope that you reconsider your decision on returning to the hotel. Given the opportunity, I believe we can change your opinion.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Nice simple Holiday Inn. Rooms were clean and hotel staff were nice enough, nothing special.
If you were passing through this area and just need a simple stay this hotel would be fine.
There are a lot of other hotels in the area but this one does the job for us.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2013

It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced during your stay with us. We hope to see you again!