“They give out the wrong address!!!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was tired and it was late. I trusted my gps to get me to the address I plugged in that the hotel provided from the confirmation email:
OVERLAND PARK-WEST
8787 REEDER ROAD
OVERLAND PARK KS 66214
Except I got lost! That is because they are not located on Reeder Road, they are located on Reeder Street!! Might want to be something they fix.
Now they do include driving directions on the email. The directions start at some point I was not familiar with or even had a clue where Cookingham Drive is, especially since I am not from that area. And when I was lost I didn't find it very helpful.
The hotel itself was very nice and I would have rated this experience higher if it were not for the wrong address listing. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and nice. When I arrived there was a line and the front desk person was very apologetic. I mentioned the wrong address on the email and the person seemed to already know it was listed wrong.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LinStin
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Our address is:

8787 Reeder Road
Overland Park KS 66214

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stay at alot of Holiday Inns, so I'm pretty much used to what they offer. I booked this one using my points for a quick family vacation. When I arrived at the hotel, I was warmly greeted by a maintenance worker who was giving directions to another guest. Stacy was working up at the front desk. He upgraded my room because I was using my points, plus gave me the option of a free drink at the lounge or some bonus points (I took the points). Being in KC, I wanted to go have BBQ, and he was very quick to give me suggestions on which ones to skip, and which ones are good. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bryan319
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Bryan319,

Thank you for your recent stay as well as the great review. Stacey was extremely happy to learn that he played such a large part in making your visit a memorable one.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband, 1 year old and myself stayed at this hotel for 2 nights the first week of June. Finding the hotel wasn't an issue and check in was smooth. I requested a crib beforehand and it was in the system, but not in the room. When we got into the room, it was nicely appointed and comfy until I sat on the bed. We immediately figured out the bed was very bouncy and soft but it wasn't too much of an issue. The room was clean but kinda dusty like someone hadn't stayed there in a few weeks and it was FREEZING. We quickly figured out that the ac unit had two settings which were high on cold or off. It didn't bother us enough to complain about it but someone who isn't used to bundling up in a cold room might ask to be moved. About 20 minutes after checking in, the front desk gave us a call to make sure the room was satisfactory and I said yes, but we hadn't received our crib yet, she apologized and the crib was there in about 5 minutes. The crib linens were nice and clean but the crib itself not so much. I always travel with lysol or clorox wipes and I used the wipes to clean up the crib, there was just a little bit of gunk (maybe old food) on the bars that I had to clean up before putting my son in for a nap.
The bathroom was small and plain and the bathtub was tricky, the tub itself is angled and slippery. I didn't realize it was like that until I put my son in for a bath and he slipped (he didn't hurt himself but it scared me a little) so I decided to take a shower with him so I can hold him.
Overall the room was relaxing and a place to lay down, the tv was easy to use and the cable options were great. We visited the attached restaurant for breakfast the morning we checked out and it was a nice meal. For the right price, I'd consider staying here again. It was in a very convenient location, nearby a nice mall, places to eat and not too far from major KC venues to visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the backside of the hotel to stay away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear JaysMama,

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as the detailed review. Feedback such as yours helps us improve the experience for all future guests to come.

Please accept my apologies regarding the crib. We are looking into the cleaning schedule for them and will purchase additional if needed.

Can you send me your reservation information when you have time? I would like to look into the AC issue you mentioned. Many of the ptech units are new, but even the older ones have a low and high setting.

Once again thank you for your review and business. We hope to see you again next time your in the area.

Email: ajenner@kinseth.com

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel was very, very clean. We had a newly remodeled room on the 4th floor. We have a 1 year old that would nap in the early afternoon. Despite being out of the room fairly early in the day, we would always return between 2-3 to a room that was not made up. Our room was only made up 1 time during our 4 night stay. We literally were gone all day long that day. There was still construction going on in the hotel. I honestly didn't mind it until the evening that they were still working at 10 pm. I don't know...there was just something lacking service wise. I'm not sure we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and review.

Our highest priority here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West is our guests. The hotel did recently complete it's renovation although it appears some final touches may have occurred while you were here.

Please accept our apologies regarding the housekeeping issues you experienced. We have addressed the training issue and have taken steps to prevent the same occurrence.

It is my hope that you reconsider your decision on returning to the hotel. Given the opportunity, I believe we can change your opinion.

Guest Services

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We traveled to Overland Park, KS from Dallas, TX (May 9-11, 2014). We were there to visit my husband's 93 year old Grandma and other family. Before we even traveled I read many reviews on Trip Advisor and was concerned about Highway noise. I emailed the manager (Alan) beforehand as we are very light sleeper's and he graciously booked us a room in the back of the hotel. Thanks!!

We checked in on a Friday at 4:30pm and it was very quick. Front desk clerks were very friendly.

We had a 3rd floor suite that looked to be remodeled (smelled of new carpet). Room was very nice and clean. I really liked that the toilet and tub/shower are behind a door and the sink/counter are outside the bathroom. It was also very quiet, no problems with noise at all. Air conditioner worked great. The bed and pillows were comfortable and we slept really well (even with a 4 year old in between us). Room has a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

Hotel also has a nice pool (part indoor/part outdoor) and a hot tub. There are towels stocked in the area. Pool was too cold for me and hot tub was hot like it should be.

We really enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the back. Front of the hotel faces the Highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Kerry H,

Thank you for your amazing review of the Holiday Inn & Suites Overland Park West!

It's always important for us to learn how we may improve, however comments such as yours are inspiring and as equally welcome.

We hope to see you again next time your in the area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

If I had never been to Hampton Inn, Fairfield Suites, or even one of the better Best Westerns, Holiday Inn would be a nice choice.

But I have been to all those places. And plenty of others. And Holiday Inn must step it up.

Let's start by having to stand ungreeted at the check-in desk for nearly five minutes (@ 5:30pm on a Saturday), and no one in sight. I wandered around the lobby / restaurant area for a few minutes, came back, and finally came upon someone to check us in.

The room was fine, and the restaurant/bar sets Holiday Inn apart from most mid-priced lodging.

But no complimentary breakfast of ANY sort (much less a hot one)? And the lobby coffee is served in 8oz white styro cups with no lids? Really???

They completely missed the mark on several things that are important to me. For that price, never again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Mark J,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any and all of the inconsistencies you encountered during your recent stay. I can assure you that we are as equally surprised as this is the complete opposite of the experience we hope that all guests depart with.

If possible, contact me at your earliest convenience. I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your stay further and extend an invitation to return or make amends.

ajenner@kinseth.com

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Check in went smoothly. Staff was friendly. Even though I got a room just off the elevator lobby, it was pretty quiet from the standpoint of internal noise. Be aware that rooms on front side of the hotel have a lot of highway noise. It didn't bother me, but if you are sensitive to that, request a room facing the back.

The hotel looks to have gone though a recent renovation and was clean. The lobby was spacious and inviting with computers that actually worked!

The room was average sized and laid out well. I slept great and the oversized pillows were very comfortable. Lots of choices on the TV.

My only real complaint was with the tub. I am a bath person but they installed a grab rail that hits you right in the head/neck when you try to recline essentially making taking a comfortable bath impossible.

Overall, I was pleased and would stay again if I got another good deal.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob F

Dear Hrbek14,
We are more than appreciative of your kind comments and business. It is our pleasure serving your needs. We would be delighted to see you again whenever you return to the area.