“The perfect location if you are attending an event at the Convention Center”

Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
“The perfect location if you are attending an event at the Convention Center”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was the perfect spot for me as it's just a few steps away from the convention center, making my life easy for this trip. The staff was friendly, the restaurant was far more than I expected which made the entire stay that much more perfect. The bedding was top notch, leading to a perfect sleep each night, my room was clean, with noise outside or inside noise, the AC worked perfectly and was silent while operating. The breakfast here in their restaurant is outstanding, and I had the salmon one night for dinner and it was killer good. I was a bit dissappointed in the fact they only have bottle beer, but it was a decent selection. All in all this was the perfect spot during my business trip and only about a 30 minutes ride from the airport.

Room Tip: The hallways were so silent, I doubt you could find any room that would be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wkrupa
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. I am happy you enjoyed the property and service from our staff. We consistently rate high with the majority of our customer concerning our product and services. We look forward to your next visit to Kansas City. Hope you have the opportunity to visit Prairie Fire, our new entertainment, shopping and museum attractions.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Lincoln
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Greeting was great! Check-in was very easy. Stayed on the 10th floor. Rooms are average at best. They seemed to be very clean just a little smelly. Beds were hard but bedding was great! Complaints... We were in the area for a softball tournament that we come to every year. Upon arrival we were given team breakfast vouchers valued at $8. Team breakfast were set up in a separate area and offered almost nothing edible. Powdered eggs, muffins, bagels. All of which were to dry to eat. They also offered Cheerios, cornflakes or oatmeal. The oatmeal was edible. Drink choices were milk or coffee. No juice... No water... No meat!! O yes, they did offer butter or cream cheese for the stale bread. That's it! My husband asked for jelly for my little guys and got a what you see if what u get answer): I don't know if any of you have fed athletes?! Breakfast is important they may not get another meal for quite sometime My opinion... This breakfast option was a disgrace! Called down to see if we could turn our vouchers in for a discount at the non-team hotel buffet. You guessed it.. We got turned down again! Lastly, you could take absolutely nothing out of your room that was not purchased from them. We stay almost every weekend all spring and summer in hotels and we have never run into anything like this. Note to self... Never give Sheraton another dime!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Justanaveragemom
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. It sounds like we were not able to meet your expectations and I am truly sorry for this. I will review your comments with our team this morning and open it up for improvement discussions. We have been serving the same team meal for the past 3 years and the majority of our guests appreaciate the offer. We have a full buffet in our restaurant that you can purchase. Seems many of the items you mentioned are normally on the buffet. I don’t understand why they weren’t but assure you I will find out. Not sure what you mean you could not take anything from the room without paying for it? Again sorry we didn’t meet your expectations and we are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and do hope that in time, you may reconsider your pour position and choose to stay with us in the future.
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were staying here for a dance competition at the convention center. Really loved this hotel and convenience to the convention center. We stayed in a room on the club level. Very clean and spacious room. Nice view as well. The club lounge breakfast is really good and love access to free beverages all day. Hors d'oeuvres in the evening were good as well. Didn't have to eat dinner after eating in the lounge one night. Fresh fruit & vegetables with one to two hot appetizers. The pool was nice for the kids to swim in with plenty of seating around for adults. They have a nice outside patio with firepits and seating as well.

Room Tip: The pillows are really soft so bring your own if you need a firmer pillow.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LynnKT
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us during a dancing competition. It was nice to learn how much you enjoyed the value of the Sheraton Club Lounge. We look forward to the next competition.
Rogersville, MO, USA
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Clean room. Very friendly staff. Would stay here again. Drinks in lounge were expensive. Did not eat in restaurant. Would like to have eaten breakfast there if I would have had more time that morning. Convenient location.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank gailgarrett
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I have reviewed your feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the convenient location and that you would return. Sorry to hear you felt the drinks in the lounge were expensive. I can tell you that we shop our competition both hotels and full service restaurants in the area and try and be competitive. Check our specials out the next time you stay with us. We want to make you happy.
Thanks again for the feedback and have a great summer.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

After an extraordinarily long car trip, it was a welcome relief to arrive at the Sheraton. Valet parking is available for about $18 a night. However, you can park in the self-park. The room was spacious and clean. Best of all, room service had the best burger I've had in a long time. The price for the burger was $12 and well worth it. I believe the charge for our dog was $40. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan S
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay and would return. Overland Park has so many things to offer and we are within a 20 minute drive of almost every Kansas City Attraction. We look forward to your return visit.
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I got a good rate with Sprint, and they put me on the exec floor which gives you access to the breakfast, which you can trade for a full buffet downstairs, and access to the night hour-d'ouvres, including wine or beer. I end up paying 158per night. Very good service and attention. it has a good pool with jacuzzi, and a nice gym.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent business trip with Sprint. I was pleased to learn how you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know. We review all of our customers feedback developing plans to improve upon the experience.
Have a great Spring and Safe Travels
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place for time away for a girl's weekend. The Club Level provided a beautiful view of Kansas City and an outstanding breakfast buffet in the Club Lounge. Even though the hotel was booked to capacity with small children running everywhere, our room on the 18th floor was very quiet. The Overland Park Sheraton is centrally located to the best shopping Kansas City has to offer. The hotel is perfect for a girls weekend away

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Wow, I am so glad you enjoyed your girls weekend. There are so many things to do and I believe our hotel is within 20 minutes of every attraction Overland Park and Kansas City has to offer. When you plan your next trip be sure and ask for an update on shopping / museums and exhibits / Prairie Fire entertainment district / Sports / or whatever interests you.
Wishing you a Great Spring and Safe Travels.