Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
marssl
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel looks to have been recently updated. Furnishings are nice, if somewhat basic. Room was quiet and bed comfortable. Location is decent. There isn't much around the hotel (other than the convention center) but the interstate is very close by. Breakfast on the club level was a bit disappointing, as the selection was very minimal. Overall, would stay here again, if the price was right.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent visit. I appreciate your comments as this is how we continually improve upon our product and service. The next time you are here be sure and ask about area attractions. There are many new entertainment, shopping, and food and beverage operations near the hotel. We have arranged certain complimentary scheduled transportation during certain hours and also have reduced town car pricing within the area. I am sure we can meet your needs.
Thanks again for the input and have a great summer.
Safe Travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just finished a wonderful experience at Sheraton Overland Park. The staff was very response to our needs. The facilities were modern and immaculate. Food was excellent. Parking easy. Bed comfortable. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for a conference venue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with your convention and service you received.
We look forward to your return visit.
Safe Travels
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Comfortable hotel with large parking perfectly located for the next door convention center and for business. Good indoor pool with separate jacuzzi.
The place is quiet.
The beds are comfortable but not as good to other Sheraton. The towels seem to be at the end of their life. Our bathroom was small and the bathtub from another age

The staff is ok but the few days we were there, they most seemed depressed.

The cocktail at the bars in the lobby were poor. I would suggest to stick to beer.

The gym is disappointing. It has good amount of cardiovascular machines and some free weights. Otherwise it is small and not equipped.

The club lounge is very minimal and not really pleasant. Downstairs patio is much nicer.

The rooms of the club floor are not big.

The deco is overall questionable.

If you need to book a restaurant, the concierge would offer you phone number rather than making the reservation for you.

If you need a lift, Uber works now in KC (much better than taxis)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DamienBE
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for your feedback from your recent visit and apologize to the fact that our décor and product didn’t live up to your expectations. I hope you find what you are looking for during your next visit to this area. Thanks again for taking the time to extend your feedback and I will share it with our owners and designer.
Have a great summer and Safe Travels.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Staff very nice, enjoyed the upgrade. Hotel clean as was the room. Did not expect the two rooms across the hall to be full of younger children- 4-12. Parents did pop in and out, my guess they were in another room. The children were not ready for bed at 11pm, minding I was from EST. Had I not showered, unpacked and ordered room service I would have asked to be moved. I think that is something the staff should take into consideration when assigning rooms.
Room service was fast, food was good. Significant distance from the airport -expect 45 minute ride.

Room Tip: See if there are rooms full of children around your assigned room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Darthbarron
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback concerning your recent visit. It was nice to hear you enjoyed our hotel and service. I will discuss your comments during our operations meeting, and I want to assure you we do try and keep youth groups to similar areas depending upon room type. Thanks again and I am sorry if you experienced high noise levels. We look forward to your return visit and assure you a nice restful room.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our family has stayed at this hotel a number of times throughout the past several years, and we have always been pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, up-to-date and attractive lobby, excellent buffet breakfast, and overall service provided. The staff at the reception desk is very welcoming and goes out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. During my last stay the middle of May, I left my MacBook charger in my room. When I realized I had left it about 100 miles down the road, I called the hotel. Kim, in housekeeping, checked the room and called me back within 15 minutes to let me know they had the charger and would be happy to send it to me. I appreciated receiving a response so quickly and the willingness to help.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are more spacious and quieter. Also, be sure to check out the special rates a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such nice feedback. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned and we appreciate your loyalty. Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights while in town for my aunt's wedding, and the reception was in one of the ballrooms. It's easy access to the highway and to Metcalf. Rooms were nice but no fridge or microwave. Comfy bed, with lots of pillows, yay. Bonus points for having a remote with a sleep timer for the TV!

Service at the desk was outstanding; they were very accommodating to my grandfather and great aunt, both of whom have trouble walking and needed handicap rooms.

The service and food at the reception were great, although I was unimpressed by the filet. The brunch buffet was also very good.

If I had to come up with a complaint, it's that the website didn't say the rooms had hair dryers, so I packed mine. I could have brought another pair of shoes instead!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend us your feedback and suggestions. When we begin our room renovations we do plan on placing refrigerators in room and will have a microwave available for your use in the lobby / Link area. Thanks again for your comments and sorry you missed that extra pair of shoes.
We hope to see you soon at Sheraton. Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.
edinburgh,scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed overnight before going to Kansas City airport 35 miles away.
large club room for SPG guests.
Really good front desk reception and offer with luggage to room
Wanted a taxi to take us to restaurant and hotel ordered a small limo at very reasonable cost

Large hotel that had a conference but were able to handle with no apparent problem

Recommended

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for you kind comments about our property and staff. We look forward to your return visit.
Have a great summer and Safe Travels.