“nightmare experiene” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Euless, Texas
“nightmare experiene”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

First room was smelly, furnishings old and rif raf hanging out nearby; I went back to the office for another room and encountered the same thing but now no fridge or microwave. With only 2 vehicles in the parking lot raised a red flag but I lost interest after the second room. Went back and asked for a refund, two ladies at the front desk were rude and said I would have to contact expedia because they did not get paid. I asked for. Receipt since I did not have access to a computer or printer, they said they didn't have one for me to get it from my email. Needless to say after a couple calls to hotel.com and speaking with a manager who said she could only tell me her name was Re..and her calling the hotel she finally agreed to give my money back. Do NOT stay at this place, its stinks and the rooms look like a prostitutes hangout!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lauranpritchard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Turned out to be a decent hotel. I had bad experience at another hotel and booked room through Expedia the same day with no reservation. Staff was friendly and it was a pleasant stay. Hotel is older, but clean and no issues during our stay. Close to restaurants, gas station, and shopping. Right off of interstate so easy to find and get around the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

The room I was given was small. The pictures show a queen bed and chair with an ottoman. There would have been no room if there was a chair/ottoman. The is the first hotel/motel where electricity was a surcharge item--one would think utilities would come standard with the room but not at this place. The cleaning staff does not speak English which was really inconvenient. They come in the morning and take the towels but don't return to clean the room until about 3pm. The owner stands at the breakfast area and just stares--really, really creepy. The first 2 days of my stay the pastries were old and stale looking. The third day they looked like they were fresh but they still tasted dry. The juice is watered down-more like orange flavored water. They charge for a safe in the room and you have to take the time to go to the office, speak to someone with marginal English and lip rings and get it removed. When I was checking out the clerk was flirty with the guy in front of me and gave him "special" room rate which for a king larger room and it $5+ less that I paid for a small queen. I find it rude to give special deals to some people. Go to the website to book and everyone should pay the same. If you want to give discounted rates it should be clearly spelled out on the website.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank OKCupcake
Bowling Green, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I was very apprehensive about staying here with my daughter's softball team due to past reviews, so I was pleased and relieved with the fact the room was clean and us girls felt safe in the area. Several of us who traveled together (included me) had trouble with the door locks and had to have the keys re-swiped to work. Even then, our door required you to give it a good push with your shoulder in order to open. The breakfast left a lot of be desired. Stale cereal and an OJ machine that didn't work. Oddly enough there was a sign at the desk requesting guests to review the motel on trip advisor. Of course, for the price, I wasn't expecting resort-like conditions, but a little maintenance work on the doors and a little effort with the breakfast fare would score you better reviews.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ZouGal37
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Good price, the facility was clean, the staff efficient and friendly.
On our recent trip across the country we had stayed in more expensive places than this hotel, but some of those expensive places were not as nice and clean as this Econo Lodge location.

The surrounding area was nice, quiet and easy to access.
The continental breakfast was basic, but sufficient.

We were thoroughly pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank P H
Eldon, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Clean rooms and friendly staff. Small breakfast area with limited selection. Large King rooms. Newly painted rooms with comfortable beds. Nothing else to write to fill up the 200 character minimum review.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Eureka, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had to walk through snow that was pushed up to the sidewalks to get to the room even though all parking lots were clear. Bedding was crusty with sex stains. Bathtub floor was warped leaving no flat place to stand and no shower mat to stand on. Informed attendant that orange juice was out and she said no it isn't without even trying it out. They were out of most breakfast items and we had to go elsewhere to get food. When I informed the manager of the lack of cleanliness and safety issues, he told me if I did not like it to call the Better Business Bureau.

We ended up spending the rest of our stay at the Comfort Inn down the street on Frontage Rd. They were clean, polite, and provided a pleasant stay. Do not judge all Choice Hotels by this poor excuse of a business.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Lenexa - 87th St.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!