“Nothing Fancy but Met Our Needs”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Garden City, Kansas
“Nothing Fancy but Met Our Needs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This Econolodge was close by to my son's house & that's the reason I chose it. Fast food place right next door, car wash across the street & convenience store next to that. I used my AARP card & got a very reasonable rate. Check in was fast & easy, I did book online. My other son & I shared a standard double room with mini fridge & microwave. Nice long granite countertop in the bathroom vanity area. Newer tv & despite being on a busy street, it was quiet. The room was very clean, maybe a little outdated in décor but we didn't spend much time in the room, it was basically for sleeping and taking showers.
For a good value & simple clean room, I would recommend this hotel. It also had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Visit was horrible, no respect from the staff. Was put in a room way in the back, when no one was in the whole hotel. Had to walk through 1 ft of snow no lie. On top of that the key didn't work. Snow storm -2 degrees and this guy is playing games. I can go on & on but I'm tired of talking. Take my advice & run from this place

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Cynt E
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

A decent hotel, but I did expect better. With the exception of the walls between rooms being TOO THIN, I had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The Tv in the next room seemed like it was in MY room, because the wall is so damn thin. Fortunately, the guest in the neighboring room went to sleep early as I did, so I managed to some sleep. The restuarant next door is AWESOME! Too far off the highway though. It's located in a residental neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Topeka, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Horrible experience! Thinnest walls of any motel we have ever stayed at. I could hear my neighbors breathing. I kid you not. The doors slam every time someone enters or leaves and they stick as someone said. The toilets flush like a cruise ship. So incredibly loud. I could hear anyone on my side of the motel flushing. You can hear everything from anyone within 200 ft of your door.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristen E
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights, just over $200 and a door that gives you a bruised shoulder to open (new paint) in a hotel room the size of a bedroom and that includes the bathroom. I reserved this room after reading several reviews months ago, but I must have read reviews on a website that operates only in opposites (in other words, I can't remember). Yelp.com gives the truth. I would have never paid for something like this. Our light above the sick is a fluorescent and is flickering on and off and they never came and made the bed or replaced our towels. There were there pillows on the bed and when we went to ask for three more, they have us two. No flat screen tv either. I'm sorry, 21st century and we paid $200 to stay here...not worth it. Surrounding area has many amenities and a 24 hour Steak 'n Shake is 100 feet away. You can only get to your room by outside too.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Ktek515619
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The reviews and the pictures I saw seem to have lied. It's not horrible, but it's tinier than it looked online and only outside access to your rooms. The door wouldn't even unlock because new paint was applied. The traffic around the area is busy and makes it hard to get in and out of the place. Not very happy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ktek515619
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Spent the night in Kansas City - the motel was clean, the room quite spacious, and the bed excellent. Lots of restaurants in the area, so finding supper was no problem. The front desk was efficient, and check-out was smooth. Breakfast was a bit skimpy, but adequate.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Days Inn Overland Park
Days Inn Overland Park
#27 of 37 in Overland Park

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission

Property: Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Address: 7508 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, I-35 East / Shawnee Mission, Overland Park, KS 66202-3058
Region: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Overland Park